Problem with 99

i thought that all the years were plug and play.?. i'm going to try to wire up the wires as far as the 99/00 goes if someone will get me some pics and go from there. worse case i'll have to get the 99/00 gauges.

Those aren't even 99-2000 fairing colors. Why don't you just get a 99-00 cluster?

i know they aren't. i dont know anything about the bike besides its a 99. i've been trying to get the bugs straightened out.!.

Download the manual. The diags. at the end of the electrical section show it clearly. You will probably need a '99 or '00 cluster.

well the manual just has one plug with all the wires going to it. whats the top row and whats the bottom? in the manual they are just all in a row. i went and wrote down the order off a friends 99 and it was completely diffrent from the way the newer plug is. and the gauges still dont work so i dont know if it is because they are 01+ or what. ima try to find some 99/00 gauges today. thanks for the help.

Sounds like you are having a horrible pain in the arse with this one. Wish I could help you. By the way while you are trying to figure this all out try figuring out if you have stock teeth numbering on your sprocket, and if you don't if you have a speedohealer installed. If this is not installed with aftermarket sprockets than all this work you are doing will still agreivate you because your speedo will still be way off. BUMP for trying to help this poor guy no how fast he is going down the road.

Back