Put some clothes on!!

Nice job on the second fan mod, but if you buy the Muzzy aluminum fan, there's no need for a second fan......just sayin'

The nasty traffic i have to sit here on base it is necessary.... everything to keep the bike cooler. The second fan came with a muzzy and i got it for 40 bucks, shipping included. so a deal i could not pass up

Sounds like you have a plan

Now remember this is a family oriented forum so please get some cloths back on her. :whistle:

Nice job... :thumbsup: You've motivated me to do the same... I just ordered a second fan and 2 muzzys... :beerchug:

Sounds like you have a plan

Now remember this is a family oriented forum so please get some cloths back on her. :whistle:

Shes covered right now :laugh: but she wont be clothed for another week and a half when she gets her new clothes :thumbsup:

Nice job... :thumbsup: You've motivated me to do the same... I just ordered a second fan and 2 muzzys... :beerchug:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Its really easy to do. dont forget to upgrade your fan fuse to 20amp!

Easy to say when you live in IL. :laugh:

oh yeah. try sitting on the edens in the middle of the day when it's 95 degrees out.
or, originally born and raised in michigan, try sitting on Woodward Ave. for 3 hours during the Woodward cruise. One of my boys has a Busa with a single Muzzy bladed fan and never had a problem, I on the other hand was pushing my bike alot.
Oh yeah, don't forget the engine ice...

The nasty traffic i have to sit here on base it is necessary.... everything to keep the bike cooler. The second fan came with a muzzy and i got it for 40 bucks, shipping included. so a deal i could not pass up

Definitely a good deal. :thumbsup: Can't blame u there. I just don't like the extra draw when the charging system is so limited already. It's a good mod, just IMO I don't think it's necessary as long as you put the Muzzy on your existing fan and of coursse add a little engine ice.:beerchug:

How did you wire it RussellJ? Did you put it on a toggle or a thermistor switch with a relay?

What's wrong with goin "commando"? :laugh::thumbsup:

P5296779.jpg

How did you wire it RussellJ? Did you put it on a toggle or a thermistor switch with a relay?

I tapped into a ground wire to a switch then directly to the fan plug... Ill take a picture this weekend when i get to the bike again and post it up. The fan comes on with the temp switch or if i turn it on with my manual switch :thumbsup:

Definitely a good deal. :thumbsup: Can't blame u there. I just don't like the extra draw when the charging system is so limited already. It's a good mod, just IMO I don't think it's necessary as long as you put the Muzzy on your existing fan and of coursse add a little engine ice.:beerchug:

I plan on upgrading my stator anyway eventually and it wont draw that much to be noticeable.

Ah right, good call... I read that, but had forgotten already... :laugh: Thanks! :beerchug:

Glad i can help :thumbsup: Its quite an easy mod. On the second stock fan though i driled out the brackets and reused them. Used a strong quick drying metal epoxy to put the brackets back on the 2nd fan how i needed them to mount it to stock bolts. Alot easier than i thought and its really sturdy. I was surprised how quick the epoxy dried and how strong it actually was... I was worried but it turned out alot better than my expectations. And the epoxy is made for high heat applications

Glad i can help :thumbsup: Its quite an easy mod. On the second stock fan though i driled out the brackets and reused them. Used a strong quick drying metal epoxy to put the brackets back on the 2nd fan how i needed them to mount it to stock bolts. Alot easier than i thought and its really sturdy. I was surprised how quick the epoxy dried and how strong it actually was... I was worried but it turned out alot better than my expectations. And the epoxy is made for high heat applications

Thanks. That's something to consider, I was just planning on removing to tabs and re-welding them, but that might be easier... I'll see how it goes tomorrow... :laugh:

Back