question to those of you who have/had the 2nd gear issue

rxtreme7

Registered
Those of you who got it fixed, how much did it cost you? I think im gonna sell my bike and id like it to be good to go so i can get a fair price for it.

2nd gear issue??? Only issue I have with 2nd was the torque kicked in 1/2 through an flipped like a flapjack.. whats the problem or is this a problematic thing I haven"t encountered.

mine never developed the 2nd gear prob of falling outta gear, but mine had a hard time getting into gear 2-5th when under heavy throttle. cost me $1100 to get it rebuilt. It got 2nd,3rd,5th gears, shift billet shift rods, new shift forks, bearings, output shaft.

2nd gear issue??? Only issue I have with 2nd was the torque kicked in 1/2 through an flipped like a flapjack.. whats the problem or is this a problematic thing I haven"t encountered.

search

mine never developed the 2nd gear prob of falling outta gear, but mine had a hard time getting into gear 2-5th when under heavy throttle. cost me $1100 to get it rebuilt. It got 2nd,3rd,5th gears, shift billet shift rods, new shift forks, bearings, output shaft.

did you get it undercut as well?

I rebuilt my tran's. myself.It was close to 700$ in part's.:banghead:

did you get your undercut? how hard was the rebuild? did you use anything as a guide to do it?

my zx11 2nd gear went out it costed me 1,500 bucks never had a problem with my 05 busa so far after 31,000 miles

I just sent out two tranny's to have 2nd gear worked done on them. I have not decided what I will charge yet, because I have not recieved a qoute yet myself for the repair work. I will say that the days of giving mine up first then trusting the buyer to return their tranny is over after having to run the last guy down. It will be up front from now on. AGC no mo free rides from me!

search

did you get your undercut? how hard was the rebuild? did you use anything as a guide to do it?

No undercut.It had 8000 mi. when I did it.Now it has close to 23,000 on it and no problem's with stock part's.I don't ride it like an a-hole.

I just sent mine to Fast By Gast 1.5 weeks ago, its on its way back should get it this week.

They charge $326 to undercut the trans, it cost me about $430 shipped as they had to repair some gears, the trans was in rough shape, i also bought new shift forks and APE billet shift shafts, a little over $240 there, $40 for a lower end gasket kit.

search

I have the same damn problem with mines....dont want to get rid of by baby, but i need to get it fixed....someone please help!

Last edited:
help what? Bring it on over if you are in my neighborhod we can knock it out. Pull the motor out (2 hours or so) then split the cases and pull the trans out, 1/2 day to take it apart.

Back