Really Good Penetrating Oil?..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Tried to get the O2 sensor out of my truck today, no cigar. It's been in there since 1994 and 147,000 miles, and ain't budging.
Anyone know of a really good penetrating oil that might soak it loose, without having to let the truck set for several days. Probably going to take something more substantial that WD-40, but what?
Thanks.. Tom

PB Blaster. Works like a champ, and probably easier to find than Kroil. Although I've heard good things about that too!

Penetration oil... all I could think of was ky... no but really, kroil works well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the info folks. Think I've seen PB Blaster in at least one of the auto parts stores around here. And I'll head to the trusty search engine to see where I might find Kroil.
Thanks again.:thumbsup:

PB Blaster. Works like a champ, and probably easier to find than Kroil. Although I've heard good things about that too!

+1 on PB, there is also a good penetrating oil used for.guns, can't recall the name, sure the local outdoor store has it.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Another vote for PB.

I had to take mine to the local exhaust shop, it was so deteriorated on the outside, you could not get a hold of it. He was able to heat it with his acetylene torch and backed it right out

Another vote for PB.

I had to take mine to the local exhaust shop, it was so deteriorated on the outside, you could not get a hold of it. He was able to heat it with his acetylene torch and backed it right out

If the penetrating oil doesn't work I may have to do that too. Mine is still in good shape on the outside, and I got an O2 sensor socket (slot in the side for the wires) that gets a good grip on it, just not much room to work in (as usual). And I really don't want to break it off and have to drill it out, re-tap the hole, etc..

pb blaster is awesome just let it soak. also try to "jolt" it loose by hitting the wrench not just pulling on it. if there is room that is.

Heat and tap with hammer always does the job.If you can expand the metal around the object you are trying to remove,the laws of physics are on your side.

Penatrating oil.Let soak.
Wrap soaking wet rag around sensor.(keep it as cool as possible)
Heat around sensor.
Couple of whacks with ballpeen.(to loosen rust)
Should almost fall out.

RSD.

I'll try the PB Blaster first ( only place I have found Kroil so far is on Amazon). But, if that fails, we have a torch at the shop. Hopefully there is a small tip around somewhere. Have to get the guard over the manifold off too, fingers crossed those 3 bolts aren't rusted solid too..

Heat it up and melt wax around the threads, the wax will work into the threads and literally grease them and it'll come out, you have no idea how many times that little trick has saved my:moon: Just like welding a nut onto a bolt the heads rounded or broke off, weld a nut onto it, melt wax while its still hot and turn it out with a wrench:thumbsup:

Heat it up and melt wax around the threads, the wax will work into the threads and literally grease them and it'll come out, you have no idea how many times that little trick has saved my:moon: Just like welding a nut onto a bolt the heads rounded or broke off, weld a nut onto it, melt wax while its still hot and turn it out with a wrench:thumbsup:

Now that's clever :thumbsup:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Back