revving the engine

OldMan

Registered
Is the busa generally less responsive to throttle blips than other bikes? I noticed that when I blip the throttle (open it up quickly) the RPMs seem kind of slow to get up the face of the tach. I've heard other bikes that sound more responsive. I'm thinking it has to do with the size of the engine, being a larger engine than most bikes.

Not that I'm aware of. I employ this technique while down shifting and have never felt that the engine was not as responsive or revving appropriately to match the throttle input.
Maybe it's you? You might want to adjust your throttle or at least check it out. The Hayabusa is no slouch but certainly does not rev up like a 600 cc sewing machine

:dunno:

Is the busa generally less responsive to throttle blips than other bikes? I noticed that when I blip the throttle (open it up quickly) the RPMs seem kind of slow to get up the face of the tach. I've heard other bikes that sound more responsive. I'm thinking it has to do with the size of the engine, being a larger engine than most bikes.

I noticed the same thing

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

you got to remember that she's twice the motor of a 600. it's the same difference between a 4 cylinder rice machine and a powerful v8. that 4 banger is going to rev way quicker than the v8.

you got to remember that she's twice the motor of a 600. it's the same difference between a 4 cylinder rice machine and a powerful v8. that 4 banger is going to rev way quicker than the v8.

Is it just me or is it ironic that you referred a 4 cylinder car as a rice maker and we all own 4 cylinder Japanese bikes... :poke:

V8 Busa motor. Bam!
a6898beb-c051-f50e.jpg

Whats your idea of quick throttle response? Top Fuel Funny Car? 20K Motorcycle Pro Stock Engine? Get a 1/4 Turn throttle and let us know how the throttle response is:thumbsup:

Take out your secondary throttle plates if you want it to rev quicker. They only open as fast as the ECU can twist the servo.

The gen2's ARE a bit doggy :laugh:

Mine does the same ,but not my rr, rr tachs out prety quickly,must be the size of the motor.Hey i just noticed 300 posts yee ha,how the heck do you accumulate 10000 20000 posts like some members,sounds almost unbelievable.

Back