Rider down (some time ago, lol)

Here, they just tend to drop it as long as you have proof of coverage NOW...

I can understand that if you got pulled over for speeding or what not. But not when there are physical and property damage in a wreck....

The kid has screwed himself. It will take a long time to get out from under this one

glad the two of you are basically ok, could have been so much worse :beerchug:

In that situation F the bike, thank god you two were not hurt.
On a lighter note congrats on the new bike, good luck and be safe.

OH, here is something I did not know....

At least in IL, when you get FULL COVERAGE, along with medical, you would think that you are set, right? NOPE..... If you go out and wreck your bike, on your own, and do not have a little thing called MED Pay, you are out of luck. THe medical coverage covers the passenger and whoever you should injure. NOT you! Been riding on the street for 11 years and nobody ever told me that....:rulez:

Wow I stand corrected main thing glad your daughter not hurt.

good to hear your little lady wasn't injured and congrats on your new white 09'. :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys (and girls!)

I had initially not wanted to buy a bike until this year, but Ins gave me 30 days from when they totalled my bike to buy a new one, or I would forfeit them paying TTL up to the cash value of the old bike. And since I was buying a new leftover they had 1.9% financing on the remainder. When they ran my credit, they qualified me for 0% for 60 months! So I held some money back and paid my truck off, and kept myself to one payment.

And my daughter is ready to ride again already! So happy she is not scared for life!!!

Here, they just tend to drop it as long as you have proof of coverage NOW...

I can understand that if you got pulled over for speeding or what not. But not when there are physical and property damage in a wreck....

The kid has screwed himself. It will take a long time to get out from under this one

Its the same in Arizona, as long as you get insurance by the time you go to court they change the fine from $2,000.00 to $150.00...total bull crap. Progressive totally took care of me too. In fact it was 8 months later when I got a check for my deductable in the mail. I didn't even know I could get it back. It just showed up with a ltter saying they recovered it from the other guy and paid me back. It was cool!!!

plus that kid is young, even if he doesn't own anything he will. sue him and the courts will levy his paychecks to pay you back. I couldn't do that cuz the dude who hit me was 93. Sue him, get a settlement, and sell the debt to those guys you see on tv about "Its my money and I need it now" forget there name but thats what they do.

Like Charlie said....

Garnish his wages until he pays you back for the cost of your bike. If that doesn't work, take his truck for payment of your bills and sell it for whatever you can...

i didn't know this happened, glad your both ok! on the bright side, i hope we can line 'em up at Benton again this year. :cheerleader:

-Brandon

Just so happy you're ok bro. And your little precious too. Sorry for the bike and congrats on the new one.

Yea, in TX you have to prove you had insurance on the DAY of the report.. I.e. wreck or ticket. I'd sue the parents (step grandparents) if he's still concidered a minor. Even though progressive is going after him, can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. I've never known an insurance lean to keep someone from joining the military. And being that it's guard means the state will have the word, so if that state won't let him in, possible. But you kind of want him to get in because when he goes to AIT, that's active duty pay. Like $600/month.

Be safe. Next time use your psych abilities to know there's going to be some stupid 17 in a truck driving in your path.. :poke: j/k

i didn't know this happened, glad your both ok! on the bright side, i hope we can line 'em up at Benton again this year. :cheerleader:

-Brandon

LMK when you are comng to the track, I will try to make it. My new job will not alllow me to live at the track this summer.... Depends on my shift and days off, etc.

Mine will be more stock this time. No arm, no nitrous, gonna keep it aimed more towards street riding, since I will not be off to go to the track very much.

glad your all ok :thumbsup: shame about the bike though

have heard a rumour most drops on the busa result in the frame being totalled anyone know if this is true

Glad everyone was OK - but you should get a judgement even if he has nothing. They don't expire and **** heads come into money all the time - he could win a lottery or something at least consider small claims court - I don't know the limit in your state but most are 5 grand now. Having an outstanding lien and debt makes life a lot harder. Jobs, bank accounts, etc. he may come up with the money ya never know...

Good Luck

Very glad to here that you and you daughter are okay.

Since we are both ok, the bike thing just makes me sick.. I had finally gotten it into the 5's at the dragstrip. Did it the day before, went 5.99 @ 126 on the spray, with lots left in it.... I saved for that bike for years before I could buy it. Paid $10208 OTD in 04 for it....

But it is gone now, and I have the white one to obsess over now. And you can bet your butt this one will have NO polished aluminum!:thumbsup:

Since we are both ok, the bike thing just makes me sick.. I had finally gotten it into the 5's at the dragstrip. Did it the day before, went 5.99 @ 126 on the spray, with lots left in it.... I saved for that bike for years before I could buy it. Paid $10208 OTD in 04 for it....

But it is gone now, and I have the white one to obsess over now. And you can bet your butt this one will have NO polished aluminum!:thumbsup:

lololol...no polishing??? pain in the butt for sure if ya wanna ride the thing..gets too dirty to quik!! glad you and the duaghter are good though!!!

Back