RoadLok worst customer service ever?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So long story short I have in my possession a non-working BRAND NEW RoadLoK for a Gen 2 Busa.

I believe I have one that got sent to me with the wrong keys or just a totally broken lock. The keys won't turn more than a 1/4 turn and according to the instructions 3/4 of a turn is required to unlock the pin.. I can't even get the dust plug out of mine.

So last Saturday I called the 800 number and never heard back.
So Sunday I emailed RoadLoK explaining my issue. No answer there either.
So Monday I send RoadLoK's Facebook page a message, no response.
So Tuesday I left a post on RoadLoK's Facebook wall. No response..

Has ANYONE had good luck with them?

Pretty much the WORST aftermarket accessory I've bought for the Hayabusa to date...

I would file a complaint through your credit card company explaining what happened, they'll get your money back.

Sent from my busa.

My problem isn't with the place that sold it to me. He already bailed on me.. They refunded my money for it because they couldn't "afford" to send me another one. :banghead:

Daryl and RoadLok used to be a sponsor and had terrific customer service. There must be something going on behind the scenes you dont know about. Or, maybe Vabs gave them a heads up about you, its probably junk anyway. If you want to get rid of it I can send you my address. :whistle:

The main RoadLoK is in New York, and since I used to be an affiliate for them, this really silica to hear. I still have some contact info for them, let me see what I can do.

Thanks Shawn. I have one that doesn't do anything. Both keys don't work. Brand new in the box.

It isn't my point to get you involved though, I think 5 days without any response is sufficient for a complaint. I'm usually pretty easy going when it comes to sufficient time for a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks Shawn. I have one that doesn't do anything. Both keys don't work. Brand new in the box.

It isn't my point to get you involved though, I think 5 days without any response is sufficient for a complaint. I'm usually pretty easy going when it comes to sufficient time for a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Is there any chance it is just a case of incorrect keys?

Where did you buy it from, I remember hearing a while back they took issue with certain resellers. Iirc. Anyway hope it gets resolved one way or another. If worse cones to worse dispute the charges

Hopefully it is a simple fix...aside from extra shipping and you taking the wheel off again. Is there a # on it for a key code? maybe that would save some time when you get in touch with them.

well, I can tell you I had the same issue when I first got my roadlock device for my gen 1 as far as key not turning correctly to get the plug out. the dam plug has since popped out while riding and lost the dam thing....:banghead: I do find that I have to finess it for it to come out often.

it has always been a fear of mine when out somewhere that im not gonna be able to get the dam key out and be stuck.:banghead: I have since realized that when I put the pin in place and pull the key out I do NOT lock the bike by pushing it forward or backwards a few inches. I had to drill out my rear rotor hole just a hair for it to fit since I have aftermarket rotors.

the reason I dont lock it is because if im on any kinda hill of any kind or slope its a real PITA to disengage the pin. if someone is gonna try to move it will engage within a few inches.

I have called them twice in the last week cause I was wanting the front caliper setup but aint happening on a gen 1 unless I change the forks or possibly the caliper to a Brembo. they pick up every time ive called so maybe they dont respond to emails very well?

I said to the guy u guys make one for the can Am and KTM but NOT the gen 1 busa? the guy was pretty clueless....:whistle:

is urs installed on the bike right now and ur not able to engage the pin or what?

I picked up one last week from BikeBone that was on clearance for $20.00 for Gen1's only. Install was pretty simple and it works great so far, sorry to hear about all your problems Bots.

well, I can tell you I had the same issue when I first got my roadlock device for my gen 1 as far as key not turning correctly to get the plug out. the dam plug has since popped out while riding and lost the dam thing....:banghead: I do find that I have to finess it for it to come out often.

it has always been a fear of mine when out somewhere that im not gonna be able to get the dam key out and be stuck.:banghead: I have since realized that when I put the pin in place and pull the key out I do NOT lock the bike by pushing it forward or backwards a few inches. I had to drill out my rear rotor hole just a hair for it to fit since I have aftermarket rotors.

the reason I dont lock it is because if im on any kinda hill of any kind or slope its a real PITA to disengage the pin. if someone is gonna try to move it will engage within a few inches.

I have called them twice in the last week cause I was wanting the front caliper setup but aint happening on a gen 1 unless I change the forks or possibly the caliper to a Brembo. they pick up every time ive called so maybe they dont respond to emails very well?

I said to the guy u guys make one for the can Am and KTM but NOT the gen 1 busa? the guy was pretty clueless....:whistle:

is urs installed on the bike right now and ur not able to engage the pin or what?

I didn't install it, and its on a Gen2 so it gets mounted to the front caliper bracket. There is no "jiggling" that I can do to get the key to turn. Its never gonna turn.. I messed with it for quite some time.. :banghead:

The crappiest part about it all is that the key cylinder isn't stamped with any kind of number. There is a number id tag on the keyring, but nothing to say what the lock serial number would be.

RoadLoK UK Facebook messaged me last night asking for my contact info and was going to contact RoadLoK USA, so I'll see how that plays out.

I brought the unit to work with me today so we'll see.

Also GNBRETT I did call them. Twice now. Left a message. No responses.. :down:

Hey Bots, did you call the New York Office? Should be an easy fix, seems like all it would take would be a new cylinder with a new set of keys, right? Its not locked on the bike is it?

Hey Bots, did you call the New York Office? Should be an easy fix, seems like all it would take would be a new cylinder with a new set of keys, right? Its not locked on the bike is it?

No not mounted..

Called NY office twice..

bummer Bots hope you get it fixed, i was just thinking about getting one for the gen1,
now i am not so sure, but for 20 hey its worth a try, good luck with yours tho

Back