Rosetta Stone Spanish

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys, with Juli working on 3 projects in Venezuela, and my interaction with customers and intercompany employees all across the nation. I want to learn Spanish. I took 2 years in high school and remember very little. She needs to learn Spanish so she read emails, and communicate on her own. I have been seriously looking at the Rosetta Stone software and understand the different levels. I was thinking about the kit that has levels 1,2, and 3. Has anyone used this before? Has it worked? I am dead serious about this because it is one of those things I want to accomplish. Also, her mother and grandmother are fluent in Spanish because the lived for several years in Venezuela, but Juli was a small child when they moved back to the states. What are your thoughts?

Previous employeer did a lot of work in Mexico. 2 of the salesmen bought it and it worked very well for them. I started to use one of them and then left. I would say it is good just from what I saw of it and what I saw the salesmen accomplish

Thanks Lurch. Sky, if you are going to ask for Cerveza, you better know where the Bano is. :laugh:

I have heard it is the best system, I would like to learn also. It's kinda pricey but it could be a tax write off. You could also check Amazon and ebay for a used kit.

It is pricey, 450 for the volumn I want. How can this be a tax write off?

I've not attempted it yet but the military offers online language courses to us for free. Guess who they use ... that's right ... Rosetta Stone.

Also with my civilian employer, our global business executives use Rosetta.

I've not priced it but have heard it's expensive but well worth it.

Last edited:
i hear its pretty pricey, but i also hear it is one of the best to learn from...

No experience with Rosetta Stone, but I really really like the Pimsleur course which teach you conversational language. All based on CD and you can do them while driving to work. Check your local library. Mine has the Pimsleur courses for many languages, und jetzt spreche ich ziemlich gut Deutsch!

Pienso que la mejor cosa que usted puede hacer una vez el aprendizaje de cómo hablar la lengua básica es obrar recíprocamente con ésos alrededor de usted de modo que usted pueda conversar y moverse correctamente con conversaciones normales en vernáculo normal. ¡Después llene su vientre de un enchilada relleno pollo grande y tome un sueño con un sombrero grande para arriba contra un colmado local! :drink:

Pienso que la mejor cosa que usted puede hacer una vez el aprendizaje de cómo hablar la lengua básica es obrar recíprocamente con ésos alrededor de usted de modo que usted pueda conversar y moverse correctamente con conversaciones normales en vernáculo normal. ¡Después llene su vientre de un enchilada relleno pollo grande y tome un sueño con un sombrero grande para arriba contra un colmado local! :drink:
Translated by way of the internet.
I think that the best thing than you a time ago the learning of how speak the basic tongue is to do mutually with those around you so that you can converse and to be moved correctly with normal conversations in vernacular normal. Later fill its womb of a large chicken backfill enchilada and take a dream with a large hat for up against a filled localities:whistle:

LOL, you guys are hilarious. When we start learning it, I am going to tell Juli that the conversations we have will be in Spanish, if we learn it and practice it, it will stick. The kids will probably think we are crazy, but if I am lucky, they will pick it up too. :thumbsup:

Nope. I wrote that. But, nice try.
No, I cut and pasted what you wrote into the translator and that is what I got back. Not exact. but I think I get the idea of what you said.:beerchug:

Translated by way of the internet.
I think that the best thing than you a time ago the learning of how speak the basic tongue is to do mutually with those around you so that you can converse and to be moved correctly with normal conversations in vernacular normal.

Later fill its womb of a large chicken backfill enchilada and take a dream with a large hat for up against a filled localities:whistle:

I never said WOMB! OR BACKFILL!!!!! :rofl:

Although,,, being in a womb sounds most comforting right now.

I slept like a baby last night,, I woke every half hour crying, messed my pants and drooled down the side of the bed. :thumbsup:

Back