Rough response just off idle stop

OB_Dennis D.

Registered
Another newbie question: My stock '00 seems to falter somewhat noticeably just starting off from dead stop and sometimes upon lazy shift into 2nd at slow speed. Seem to remember a couple of magazine reviews pointed this out in comparison to Honda's XX. Is this only a likely problem in California due to some bias in emissions tuning or have others noticed this same characteristic? Will a PC2 recal map fix this? I read somewhere to adjust idle stop higher than Suzuki spec (1150 rpm nominal) will do the trick. What's the story?

[This message has been edited by dsinned (edited 21 July 2000).]

What about checking for a kinked hose under
the tank first? This symptom seems related to what I just read about "tick over" in another post.

I fixed my rough idle and low RPM bog by setting the TPS and balancing the throttle bodies.

Do a search for the instructions.

Tighten throttle cables with bars turned to the right and engine idling (untill it just starts to increase revs, then back off slightly. Hold grip and tighten return cable until it just starts to move grip. back of slightly plus slightly again. Tighten lock nuts while holding adjusters, check to make sure turning bars right to the stop does not increase revs, take her for a ride!!!This might fix it if it is just off no throttle.

YOu could also try increase idle speed slightly, This has also been known to work

Nuts

Back