Scotts Performance Oil Filter

kwm works

Registered
Hello everyone,
Thank's again for all the information and moral support during my exhaust installation. I went ahead and did an oil change while I was in there. I put on a Scotts Performance Filter and seems like it's a very well made unit and filters to 37 Microns absolute.( A human white Blood cell is 25 Microns) Any way here are a few pictures of the kit and the filter on the bike.
DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

I got one also from Schnitz racing.
They work great.
You get to look at everything that gets filtered out of the oil.
What I like best is the flow rate. It lets a lot of oil go through, with little effort.

I have to remove my oil cooler line, but for the life of me I couldn't get the OEM filter off without taking the line off. Apparently some of these Yoshimura exhaust are a little tighter than others because I read where some have been able to weasel their OEM filters in and out.

I take my oil cooler line off every time too.
I could fiddle around for 20 minutes and get it off without, but it is 2 bolts and....finished!

Nice filter solution :beerchug:

In case the oil cooler line is removed frequently, I would use stud bolts that are secured by Loctite to the block, and nuts/washers.

Too bad you can't see it with the plastic on ! :cheerleader:I actually bought it for it's superior filtration but the looks were a bonus.

You can fabricate the studs yourself. Use standard stainless steel bolts, with enough long threads, cut off the head and non-threaded part of the bolt and there it is ready to install. Secure the section of the stud that is screwed into the engine block by blue Loctite. The SS nuts and bolts will last forever and you will never stress the engine block threads again.

That is a good looking filter but still might not fit between the 2 and 3 header pipes on my R77.

I like the filters but havent bought one yet. On another site someone who bought one said there great until you have to clean it. I hope you say that its no big deal whenever you do post after your next oil change...

Last edited:
Cleans real easy.
I have done mine 4 times.
You wsh out the filter element with your choice (even just soap and water).
I use Varsol.
Then I run a garden hose through it from the inside to get the cleaning liquid out.
Then a couple of small shots of compressed air from the inside out and ....done.

These are the guys that make that filter for Scotts etc.

High Performance Reusable Cleanable Oil Filters Made With Billet Aluminum Housings and Stainless Steel Filter Media

They have good info on cleaning, installation etc.

The pictures I included are with a Yosh. R77 full system. There is alot more room than the photo makes it look like. It was just the angle I took the photo at. You will not be able to use the oil filter end type wrench, but a strap wrench works fine.:thumbsup:

I like the filters but havent bought one yet. On another site someone who bought one said there great until you have to clean it. I hope you say that its no big deal whenever you do post after your next oil change...

I have had these types of filters before. Cleaning has never really been a issue. I usually blow them out with compressed air then I use brake cleaner and let it dry,

It looks like the filter is he same diameter as factory and if that is true would not clear my header. Looking into the filter relocation kit to see if that works. I just called Schnitz racing and the person claims it puts the filter down toward the ground which could make it so you don't pull the fairing off to change it. The 08 runs better than my 05 but what a pain it has been.

Back