Scotts stainless oil filter

HAYABUSA1340

Registered
Anyone ever used a stainless reuseable oil filter on a busa all the other filters out there are no good oil dont go through paper

I use the one from K&P Engineering.
Be careful there are some that look the same, made in China, and are inferior. All the good ones (Including Scotts) are made by K&P.
Check out Schnitz, they are a sponsor on here and sell the K&P.
I love mine - best thing I ever did.

I took my garden hose on full pressure and put it into the intake hole to test flow and it seemed like it could take twice that volume. Didn't slow the flow at all.
That is what sold me.
Really high flow and not much resistance at all.

Last edited:
After finding a almost paper plugged oil screen on my KLR I went with a SS oil filter. May look into the Busa one to...
I put mine in a glass jar with gasoline and shake it around then use compressed air....
Mike

When I clean it I block the center portion to stop any of the debris that has been filtered out from getting into the "clean" area.
The oil goes in from the outside into the center, so the inside portion is clean.

FYI that Stainless Screen is small enough that it can separate white and red blood cells in human blood.
That is what the "Medical Grade" means on the specs.

I looked into this when I first bought my busa. I think I'm going to get one when I have to change the filter in a few thousand mile. :beerchug:

After finding a almost paper plugged oil screen on my KLR I went with a SS oil filter. May look into the Busa one to...
I put mine in a glass jar with gasoline and shake it around then use compressed air....
Mike

Right next to the water heater in the garage..........

Seems a lot of work for the price vs buy new disposable ones. not to mention the mess involved. Money spent on solvent type cleaner etc...

Since they use a medical grade screen in their oil filter, are they any better then a throw away filter? Is there any other benefits to using a ss filter?

Back