serious question... life changing

what to do, what to do

• keep man card, blow stuff up, love your wife

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • turn it in and put on the apron. stay at home dad's are so en vogue

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters
I would not change serving as a Navy Sea bee in Viet Nam for anything. But military life is HARD on familys sometime. My oldest son was born while I was on the first deployment. He was 7 months old before I ever had the chance to see him. His daughter was born while he was deployed to Kuwait, and he didn't get a chance to see her until she was 7 months old. I can't tell you how hard that was on me. When your a member of the armed forces, your family comes second, period! When you join, your whole family enlists. You should take some time to think it out after talks with the family. Good luck to you whatever you do, it's a tough decision.

Last edited:
i'm definetly going to have to run that security clearance thing past the recruiter, and see if he actually tells the truth. if i have no chance of getting to be a warrant officer, then there's pretty much no point in going in, as flying is what i wanted to do.

have u had a felony charge? if so, no...you cant. my recruiter flat out lied to me and filled my head with dreams of being an officer than later, after i was finished with basic and ait, gave me the bad new....no ocs and cant go any higher than e5. He also screwed up my student loan repayment paperwork and by the time i figured out that they werent paying their part i was told it was too late and nothing they could do. I'm proud to have been in the military but at the same time have nothing but contempt for the way they screwed me and so many others out of benefits that were promised. even if its on paper....that still doesnt mean your going to get it. they have"fine print" for everything!
Posted via Mobile Device

previously incurred student loan repayment, huh? glad i asked. i don't technically have a felony, so i'll find out what's up this afternoon.

I can tell you're 25. Stay at home dad is the way to go. Let her earn all the money, make the mortgage payments, car payments, pay for vacations, keep you up, and then when the kids are old enough divorce her taking everything that's yours and half of everything else, and run off with the 19 year old neighbor claiming mid life crisis :whistle:

I can tell you're 25. Stay at home dad is the way to go. Let her earn all the money, make the mortgage payments, car payments, pay for vacations, keep you up, and then when the kids are old enough divorce her taking everything that's yours and half of everything else, and run off with the 19 year old neighbor claiming mid life crisis :whistle:

:rofl: that's funny not right but funny :laugh:

But military life is HARD on families sometime. When you're a member of the armed forces, your family comes second, period! When you join, your whole family enlists.

AMEN to the words of wisdom above. Been in 22 years now and it has not been easy..lots of sacrifices/comprises had to be made. But I will still do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Sounds like a good time to put a plug for the military (clip is primarily about Marines and their Navy Corpsman...which is what I do). But I have no doubt that all my comrades-in-arms from all services (past and present) can relate.

nr_j0199_landing

Last edited:
if you joined the armed forces wont you end up pstationed somewhere other than where you are? Would this mean your wife would have to move and leave her well paying job for you?
What line of work are you in?

i'm an out of work registered Audi tech. anyway, talked a lot of this stuff over with the recruiter today, i think i'm going for it. she doesn't have to give up her job. at least not for over a year. by that time, she'll have made management, and she'll just transfer to another store. no harm, no foul.

:cheerleader:good luck and god bless if you really go through with it. I hope everything works out for you.:thumbsup:

enlisted. just thought i'd let you know. the wife is totally with it.

choice two: continue working a job that i don't like, for less than i should be making, turn in my man card, let the wife get into management

Let her move up and make great money. You can suffer and find something that will "work" for you. I had to. My wife makes twice what I do as a fireman, so I have a side job making custom embroidery. If she is not happy, you will not be either. If she likes what she is doing, let her do it.

enlisted. just thought i'd let you know. the wife is totally with it.

Congrats and thank you!

Just remember: What the recruiter says is just to get you in the door. The rules are rarely the same after you do the oath. You are now married to the military. Your wife will either be good with it, or she will absolutely hate it. Many relationships don't survive Basic. Less survive AIT. Few survive the first deployment. If you two can survive a combat deployment, you can survive anything.

i'm definetly going to have to run that security clearance thing past the recruiter, and see if he actually tells the truth. if i have no chance of getting to be a warrant officer, then there's pretty much no point in going in, as flying is what i wanted to do.

get it in writing first....

i'm an out of work registered Audi tech. anyway, talked a lot of this stuff over with the recruiter today, i think i'm going for it. she doesn't have to give up her job. at least not for over a year. by that time, she'll have made management, and she'll just transfer to another store. no harm, no foul.

Does the store she works at have branches in the Middle East:laugh:?
Good luck man, all the best.

Back