Shorty exhaust

I've got the "GP" style shorty's on mine. With bafles in them that I modified myself. Not too loud, and throttle response is 600 like.(I also have a PC3 and have done alot of tinkering with the map) I like 'em okay, could be a tad quieter,(with stock baffles installed) but then they start to lose power and throttle response.

img482.jpg

Yo bro... got mine from exotic:

Motorcycle Exhaust

they are made by "tailwindz" (similar to "voodoo" and "hotbodies")

They are not very expensive at all, and have an unbelievable growl!!
laugh.gif

Here's a low quality clip:

- 2008 Hayabusa stubby tailwindz exhaust[/url]

Had tons upon tons of comps on them
thumb_up.gif

Oh CRAP!!!

Just when I thought I was sure about what exhaust I wanted for my 2005!!!
So many choices!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
the "hotbodies" may have an adjustable baffle... I know that the full system from "Roaring Toyz" does but it's way more expensive than the slip ons. I'd check the "hotbodies" first. Mine are fixed, or they can be removed... hadn't tried removing them yet.

Greg

here's a shot of the other side:

Hi lynchMob...
as far as performance / horsepower....
Was there any increase with the Tailwindz slipons? if so, how much?

I noticed a definite increase in performance for sure... dealer claims a "9 hp" jump, but I doubt it put that much to the wheel. If you're interested in them, just PM me.

I have the shorty exhaust/ chrome pipe with a baffle and it is actually tolerable (noise-wise) and actually sounds the same as having no pipe at all... i just ride with earplugs.

Performance-wise, i there is a noticeable difference in acceleration AND throttle response compared to the stock exhaust system. I love them... HOWEVER, after reading several other forums, I hear that using this pipe can foul your plugs. After 2000miles, bike runs rough on the highway at 5-6k rpms... I just bought a PCIII to re-map the fuel feed and hopefully help her run a little better.

Overall, i love these pipes... heading to the dyno this month for a custom map.

If you want a true shortie designed as a shorty then you have to go Brock's. :bowdown:

The rest are just slap-ons. I don't mean to offend any one.

I had a Yosh RS-3 4-1 full system with titanium headers and it was just too quiet. When riding with buddies, I can't even hear my bike. So I bought one of those cheap baffled chrome shorty tips and put right on my Yosh header.

The sound is freaking awesome until you get to mid/high rpms, and the bike felt really unresponsive when rolling on. Felt like I was loosing hp. I'm thinking the new tip may have screwed up the mapping.

Before the change, I only had a flashed stock ECU with no PC. Now I'm having it re-flashed with a custom map, installing short stacks with small airbox mod then dyno tuned. Hopefully that will correct any performance issues and will clean up the sound at higher rpms. If so I'll can keep the shorty as I just love the low growl and the way it cleans up the rear of the bike. If not, I'll just slap the Yosh can back on. I'm also going up 3 in the rear sprocket which should be fun too. :D

Picking bike up today, and will report out after test ride.

Last edited:
Back