Small air box mod question

4 months and no repley on hp or tq #'s
beerchug.gif

(Ruth|ess @ Feb. 08 2007,21:23) 4 months and no repley on hp or tq #'s
beerchug.gif
Shortly after the mod, I discovered that I have a 2nd gear problem. The bike is going in for a big bore kit and the tranny fixed a little later this spring. There was no use in having the bike tuned when I have to pay for that as part of the rebuild.

Don

Going by the pic posted from the FSM, couldn't one just remove it all and cap it off at the TB, or does it supply vacuum to other locations/items?

**EDIT**
NM, I wasn't paying attention to the vacuum damper.

(Busa Bill @ Aug. 24 2006,02
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) I left the valve at the bottom of the air box and siliconed it in and just capped the port, Traced the vacuum lines all the way back and removed them also. After talking with the Mr. Johnny cheese I even ended up removing the solenoid it was hook up to which is called VCSV, he said remove it and chuck it….lol, then I would have an extra 12v source but if I hooked up something big he said to bump the fuse up a little.
perfect....get rid of a little clutter,and a 12 v source for my schnitz tprs-001

(Ruth|ess @ Feb. 08 2007,21:23) 4 months and no repley on hp or tq #'s  
beerchug.gif
I did the small airbox mod, K&N filter, and removed the PAIR valve all at once.  That along with a a custom map yielded 6 hp from 3500 rpm on up.  Haven't ridden the bike since these mods.

Back