So this time I'm looking for a rear stand...

-One-

Registered
Does anyone have a recommendation of a good solid rear stand that can be operated without help for my Busa?

Also what do you guys think, are the ones using swingarm spools better than the ones that don't?

I'd rather have the spools and it adds protection to your swingarm in a get off. I've got redlines, used them on two Busas. Good for the money and a sponsor.

I'd rather have the spools and it adds protection to your swingarm in a get off. I've got redlines, used them on two Busas. Good for the money and a sponsor.

+1 on the spools as well as Redlines.

I currently have a powerstands for the rear and like it but with Redline being a sponsor here I plan to buy my front from them in the near future.

Both Pitbull and Redline look nice and I'll go with the spools then. I'm thinking Redline to support them being a sponsor and I like the fact that you can adjust the width to fit different bikes.

Can you operate the Redline one on your own or do you have to have anyone holding the bike upright before you raise it up? Not a big deal if you can't but it would be nice.

All swingarm stands require that the bike it held vertical before lifting. I use an LP Racing stand on my Busa. I hold the bike by the grab bar to put it on the rear stand. So far no problems.

I have a Pit Posse rear with spools; a piece of 2" x 3" wood block under the sidestand gets the bike vertical enought to operate the stand without any help....

I have T-Rex. I bought them before I was on the oRg. Can't speak for Redline, but they must be good!

Hayabusa Stands 016.jpg

Hayabusa Stands 011.jpg

Vortex makes really good stands. I have the front and rear. i would definitely advise the spools. They'll give you a more stable lift with less likelihood of it fallin off. You can also lift the rear without help, straight from the side stand position. All you have to do is engage the stand on the left spool, put your foot behind the wheels on the right side of the stand so it doesn't roll back and then push down on the stand handle. As you push down on the handle the bike will straiten up by itself.

Layed over3 022.jpg

New tires 007.jpg

Great advise and pictures guys!

Sounds like there are a couple of ways to get it up on your own (the wood and the left spool right side of the rear wheel combo), if you use spools. I'll definitely get the spools since I can then do it on my own and they'll add the protection of the swingarm.

That forward facing handle looks interesting, how do you reckon it handles differently from a traditional design?

At first I thought it was a nice idea, but I don't know if I like the design. I just don't like the idea of the handle being the only resting point. Not that it can't take the pressure, but if you happen to accidentally kick it you might make the stand come out from under the bike. With the vortex and some of the other conventional rear stands you can take the handle out of the stand so it doesn't get kicked or anything like that. Can't speak from experience cause I've never used the forward facing handle types, but I like being able to remove the handle.

Hmm, it would be extremely uncool if it would somehow come out from under the bike. The traditional design does look more stable so I think it will have to be that kind of design.

Speaking of stability, what about the adjustable width stands? Do they lock in pretty solid so they don't move the bike sideways if someone would happen to bump into it?

Last edited:
Hmm, it would be extremely uncool if it would somehow come out from under the bike. The traditional design does look more stable so I think it will have to be that kind of design.

Speaking of stability, what about the adjustable width stands? Do they lock in pretty solid so they don't move the bike sideways if someone would happen to bump into it?

The vortex one, like mine, has set screws in the top to keep them from moving.

Back