Solo cowl mod!!

I am out of town for work this week. I rode my busa but I had to leave the hump at home so I could pack luggage. Thinking of sneeking home tomorrow night. If I do I would be glad to post pics when I get there. Always looking for a good excuse to take a little 600 mile round trip between shifts.

Little 600 mile trip? :-))

Had the wife shoot some pics real quick. Hope they help. I just used a good sharp knife to trim the bottom. and a file to trim down the edge, put a pice of painters tape over the paint to mark location and prevent chiping. IMG95201406309521523495172.jpgIMG95201406309521535495366.jpgIMG_20140630_215308_006.jpg

IMG95201406309521523495172.jpg

IMG95201406309521535495366.jpg

IMG_20140630_215308_006.jpg

I'm having problems with it not clicking. Something is still hitting. I tried putting tape and see if it would make a mark. I couldn't get it to work. You would that someone would have a aftermarket hump with that option.

All I used is a utility knife and a file. I did use a grinder to trim a little off the top of the bolts for the grab bar.

Hello all first post. Cant belive I get a real chance to help. The biggest problem I had doing mine was getting clearance for it to latch. What I came up with was a couple of small washers between the latch and the hump, it did not take much but done the trick. I also have a strip of weather striping that makes it a bit tighter.

can you post a picture????

That really looks like a bigger job that I expected.
And precise.
I will look into it this weekend.
But thank you very much sir!

The job took me about two hours. That was because I was not really in a big hurry and took my time. There was a lot of trim a bit and fit.

And how much is another?

I have been through 3 now lol. One because i didnt click it down all the way before I took off and some jackass lady ran it over. the 2nd is because of this mod and the 3rd is on my bike. The 2 I had to buy were about $50-$70.

Best part is it does not have to be pretty no one will see the inside when it is on the bike. As long as it looks good going down the street good job.

I have been through 3 now lol. One because i didnt click it down all the way before I took off and some jackass lady ran it over. the 2nd is because of this mod and the 3rd is on my bike. The 2 I had to buy were about $50-$70.

Where that jack ass lady run it at? In your garage?? :-)

Where that jack ass lady run it at? In your garage?? :-)

I didnt have it on tight. It flew off and landed perfectly on the road, the light turned red and i jumped off the bike and ran back only to watch the light turn green and that trick aim right at it and smash it in front of me.

Back