Starting to feel stupid

202mphbusa

Registered
Fresh motor solid compression and leak down. Bike runs like on three. Finally got around to confirming ignition timing to TRUE. Measured TDC. Old man move. Should have painted mark white. Old man eyes need all the help. Spot on. Stand-alone locked timing.
Coils from flea bay arrive tomorrow. I feel like a idiot.

Pull throttle bodies and do a 4 cylinder simultaneous injector test ?

I wouldn't remove the throttle bodies, just the injectors, and bench test them, it is much quicker and less work.
If they spray well off of a battery, there os no reason they will not spray in the bike, other than a bad connection or damage in the wiring harness.
For that matter, you can just pull the injectors out of the throttle bodies, plug them back into the harness, crank the bike, and let them spray into a drain pan.
That would actually be the easiest and fastest check anyway.
I would bet on a coil, as I have seen a couple Gsxrs that the coil no longer fits as tightly as it should on the sparkplug, causing a misfire, and they do just completely fail randomly.

I wouldn't remove the throttle bodies, just the injectors, and bench test them, it is much quicker and less work.
If they spray well off of a battery, there os no reason they will not spray in the bike, other than a bad connection or damage in the wiring harness.
For that matter, you can just pull the injectors out of the throttle bodies, plug them back into the harness, crank the bike, and let them spray into a drain pan.
That would actually be the easiest and fastest check anyway.
I would bet on a coil, as I have seen a couple Gsxrs that the coil no longer fits as tightly as it should on the sparkplug, causing a misfire, and they do just completely fail randomly.
Checking the injectors out...haha not falling for that one again, blew the fuel fitting off last time and blew fuel everywhere
Stand alone ecu I can pulse them on command

used Second set of coils on the way tomorrow

Checking the injectors out...haha not falling for that one again, blew the fuel fitting off last time and blew fuel everywhere
Stand alone ecu I can pulse them on command

used Second set of coils on the way tomorrow

Fuel fitting? The hose going to the tank?
I have checked injectors by taking them out of the throttle bodies, and letting them spray into a pan.
It was done outside, and with an extra set of hands with an old towel over them, but it showed them as all working with a clean spray pattern, most Suzukis just have 2 streams going apart at about 45°

Spent the morning coming up with a way to hang a fuel tank from my rafters and connect my fuel system

While I had throttle bodies off I shined a light behind the blades and one looked closed. Four was almost closed.
Is it possible my mercury carb stix are messed up ? Or did I sync them wrong ? Don’t know how to do it wrong that I can think of.
Next I will flow test the injectors

A2D9544F-9D34-48B2-AF7C-6F9719C9A9ED.jpeg

even more stupid
Fresh plugs and ran till fans cycled
Number one looks oil soaked so then I figured I overlapped a oil ring

Dropped motor and pulled head and cylinder popped #1 piston out intact and does not look like I did

Next I will check #1 valve seals.
But gotta go grocery shopping
Hi. I am going to Loring I hope you can make it..

It would be great to meet in person.

Back