Suppressor, or gun silencer

I fail to see your point with that video.....

A pick up truck was invented to serve duty on a farm......I'm sure the inventor was never warned that this vehicle could be used as a weapon nor did it probably ever cross his mind...

The first firearm was invented to kill....period...

Where is the comparison?

If you watch the video, the cop drove through the crowd himself while in pursuit...if he had struck and killed a few pedestrians in his quest to stop the pick up struck would he have been given a raise or a prison term?

I fail to see your point with that video.....

A pick up truck was invented to serve duty on a farm......I'm sure the inventor was never warned that this vehicle could be used as a weapon nor did it probably ever cross his mind...

The first firearm was invented to kill....period...

Where is the comparison?

If you watch the video, the cop drove through the crowd himself while in pursuit...if he had struck and killed a few pedestrians in his quest to stop the pick up struck would he have been given a raise or a prison term?
It’s pretty simple.

No matter what the primary purpose of the inventor was, the use of the tool is in the eye of the beholder.

Here is a simple example for you:

The purpose of Arsenic include pharmaceuticals, wood preservatives, agricultural chemicals, and applications in the mining, metallurgical, glass-making, and semiconductor industries

In the eye of the beholder, it can be a lethal weapon, with immediate fatal results.

Really? Cop who will strike a few pedestrians? What about a stray bullet, any similarities?

It’s pretty simple.

No matter what the primary purpose of the inventor was, the use of the tool is in the eye of the beholder.

Here is a simple example for you:

The purpose of Arsenic include pharmaceuticals, wood preservatives, agricultural chemicals, and applications in the mining, metallurgical, glass-making, and semiconductor industries

In the eye of the beholder, it can be a lethal weapon, with immediate fatal results.

Really? Cop who will strike a few pedestrians? What about a stray bullet, any similarities?
Your argument is laughable at best.....

I don't know if you are just trying to drum up some activity on the site or you actually believe in what you are saying....you seem like you are intelligent but this argument is not conducive of this.

Your argument is laughable at best.....

I don't know if you are just trying to drum up some activity on the site or you actually believe in what you are saying....you seem like you are intelligent but this argument is not conducive of this.
Maybe we are both just full of BS, trying to generate traffic?

You:
My government is crazy.
You have personally used a suppressor, they could not hear you in the next room. This besides the fact that the best suppressor’s available only reduce by about 40db. Means it is still louder than a jackhammer. You don’t believe me and you don’t believe the entire web, where you can research this.

Actually, I can design you a suppressor which will do what you claim to have experienced personally. It will be around the length of a broomstick.

My point is simple, should you question my intelligence. If a person wants to kill someone, with no access to a firearm, they will find another way.

LOL, I posted up, because I got my suppressor yesterday after the approval went through. Then that video popped up in X. It reminded me of you.

People hate me, because I can spot BS a mile away. Sigh, I should probably learn to keep my mouth shut, never the less.

Maybe we are both just full of BS, trying to generate traffic?

You:
My government is crazy.
You have personally used a suppressor, they could not hear you in the next room. This besides the fact that the best suppressor’s available only reduce by about 40db. Means it is still louder than a jackhammer. You don’t believe me and you don’t believe the entire web, where you can research this.

Actually, I can design you a suppressor which will do what you claim to have experienced personally. It will be around the length of a broomstick.

My point is simple, should you question my intelligence. If a person wants to kill someone, with no access to a firearm, they will find another way.

LOL, I posted up, because I got my suppressor yesterday after the approval went through. Then that video popped up in X. It reminded me of you.

People hate me, because I can spot BS a mile away. Sigh, I should probably learn to keep my mouth shut, never the less.
The point is......

A firearm was designed to kill.....that is it's purpose.....end of argument.......

A vehicle was designed to convey people and cargo, that is it's purpose.......end of argument.....

Almost anything can be used to do harm or kill but that was never in it's designed purpose.....a pencil can kill someone but it was never invented to do so.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....and where did I ever say I've used a silencer and the person in the next room couldn't hear me.......??

This conversation tells me you have zero knowledge of how the use of a silenced weapon is applied......and that's ok to admit this, I'm not judging you.

The point is......

A firearm was designed to kill.....that is it's purpose.....end of argument.......
Mostly correct, but life is not always binary or black and white. Some firearms are designed with the sole purpose of sport as in target shooting.
A vehicle was designed to convey people and cargo, that is it's purpose.......end of argument.....

Almost anything can be used to do harm or kill but that was never in it's designed purpose.....a pencil can kill someone but it was never invented to do so.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I agree with that. However in real life it often is used to harm or kill someone.
.....and where did I ever say I've used a silencer and the person in the next room couldn't hear me.......??
Apologies, that was Wuzza, but you said something similar in post 27
This conversation tells me you have zero knowledge of how the use of a silenced weapon is applied......and that's ok to admit this, I'm not judging you.
Well right now, I have one handgun with a suppressor, another rifle with a suppressor and I will assemble my third toy either today or tomorrow.

You have non, but you are the wiser.

Mostly correct, but life is not always binary or black and white. Some firearms are designed with the sole purpose of sport as in target shooting.

Yes, I agree with that. However in real life it often is used to harm or kill someone.

Apologies, that was Wuzza, but you said something similar in post 27

Well right now, I have one handgun with a suppressor, another rifle with a suppressor and I will assemble my third toy either today or tomorrow.

You have non, but you are the wiser.
ALL firearms in their basic design were designed to kill....target shooting simulates killing.....replacing flesh with paper or hard targets.....

What you as a civilian (and now myself) have access to and what I had access to (and employed) as a tier 1 operator are two entirely different avenues.....there is no comparison.

I own several firearms but have no use for a suppressed weapon platform and even while in my former profession on mission we seldom used them...but they were effective in their purpose...that purpose was deception....

ALL firearms in their basic design were designed to kill....target shooting simulates killing.....replacing flesh with paper or hard targets.....

What you as a civilian (and now myself) have access to and what I had access to (and employed) as a tier 1 operator are two entirely different avenues.....there is no comparison.

I own several firearms but have no use for a suppressed weapon platform and even while in my former profession on mission we seldom used them...but they were effective in their purpose...that purpose was deception....
Eat your heart out Bee.
You inspired me to assembly.
This one is one of those rare ones, you have never seen. It was designed for sporting.

And at least my Crazy Government over here allows us Americans to enjoy life and have a bit of fun.

IMG_3329.jpeg

What you as a civilian (and now myself) have access to and what I had access to (and employed) as a tier 1 operator are two entirely different avenues.....there is no comparison
This is the hardest part to deal with, because I am terrible at handling stupid.

Any Mechanical Engineer worth a penny of his salt, knows how to design a silencer. So do the Engineers at Suzuki. They are even smarter, because they know how to change your emissions.

Eat your heart out Bee.
You inspired me to assembly.
This one is one of those rare ones, you have never seen. It was designed for sporting.

And at least my Crazy Government over here allows us Americans to enjoy life and have a bit of fun.

View attachment 1687797
It's very nice......

It is used for target practice but was designed to kill.....nobody can argue this fact....

This is the hardest part to deal with, because I am terrible at handling stupid.

Any Mechanical Engineer worth a penny of his salt, knows how to design a silencer. So do the Engineers at Suzuki. They are even smarter, because they know how to change your emissions.
You know when you are losing an argument when you resort to insults and name calling.....

You know when you are losing an argument when you resort to insults and name calling.....
I didn’t call you “stupid”

Just said I am terrible at handing stupid.

You are the only one who can decide if the shoe fits.

Anyways, Bee, thanks for the entertainment, sometimes you give me a good chuckle and it is all in good spirit.

Perhaps consider adding suppressors to EV’s as another one of those things you deem idiotic?

I started this thread in good spirit, you came along and threw a landmine at it. So I guessed we might as well have a bit of fun in the process.

I didn’t call you “stupid”

Just said I am terrible at handing stupid.

You are the only one who can decide if the shoe fits.

Anyways, Bee, thanks for the entertainment, sometimes you give me a good chuckle and it is all in good spirit.

Perhaps consider adding suppressors to EV’s as another one of those things you deem idiotic?

I started this thread in good spirit, you came along and threw a landmine at it. So I guessed we might as well have a bit of fun in the process.
Now, I didn't say suppressors were idiotic....what I did say is there is absolutely no need for a civilian to have or use one....

I've used them in very little instances but I have used them for their intended purpose and they were effective in that use.

Do I need to have one to go to the range...? I don't believe so.

Your statement stating that "you are the only one that can decide if the shoe fits" is nothing more than a cryptic attempt of trying to say I'm stupid........and in this light, I will further enforce my statement that as soon as you resort to name calling and insults, you have lost the argument and further discussion....

He handles stupid quite well Bee, every day looking in the mirror.
I know for one I don't appreciate being called stupid over having a differing opinion....

Especially since the discussion is regarding the use of a silencer by a civilian or the definition of what a firearm was designed for....

Back