Suzuki's 1000 mile break in time pretty close

The Big Red One

Registered
My Busa has came alive over the last 250 miles. I'm now at 1000, and know a lot of folks think the factory recommendations are a conspiracy or some kinda corporate scam ect....but over the last 3 rides my Busa went from running good to outrageously, ridiculously fast...just the way I'd heard it was supposed to run. I've been riding 24 years and owned over 70 dirt/street bikes...and some were big quick bikes, so I know how to twist a wrist. Over the last three rides....in the exact same conditions/weather/rider/gas and a full tank, my Busa went from rolling the throttle on in the lower gears and thinking this is fun....to being so willing to loft the front and light the back and just get downright NASTY....and its winding up so freely and so quickly now, that its as obvious to me that it does take close to 1000 miles for it to truly break in....no conspiracies....dark corporate plans ect. I think Suzuki recommends that mileage break in for one reason...because its the best for your bike. On yesterdays ride I hit the same 5500 ft elevation twisty section and rolled the throttle on in the same gear the same way I always do... 4 rides ago the Busa would wind up nicely and pull well....yesterday before I even had it wide open the front came up so quick if it wasn't for the hump I mighta been in trub deep  
wow.gif

tounge.gif

Just thought I'd share my experience and maybe help some fellow riders with the info. There's more to come beyond the first ride.....ALOT more  
wink.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097540485 -->

tounge.gif

leave it to cheese to be an ass... and a dumb one at that...
Actually I would take Johnny's advice on most things, He seems to really know what he is talking about 99.9 % of the time. He is not dumb by any means, there is a reason people will ride for hours just to take their bike to him instead of going a few blocks down the road.

Back