Switched power in tail section

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
Need to tap into switched power in the tail section. Will be very low current draw, usb power only. I was thinking the tail light circuit. Anyone know which wire is the hot wire for that or have a better idea?

Need to tap into switched power in the tail section. Will be very low current draw, usb power only. I was thinking the tail light circuit. Anyone know which wire is the hot wire for that or have a better idea?
Have you considered a standalone usb charger?

Have you considered a standalone usb charger?

I have one but I'm not satisfied with the way it works. In auto mode it's still providing power to the USB. Quadlock support says I have a very good battery (really).

I plan on using the Quadlock thing in "on" mode on the switched circuit.

Tail light is the brown wire. I make adapters for gen1 and gen2 to break out the tail light power and ground for accessories as well, doesn't have to be a relay setup and can be lower cost.
Also, the 6 pin SDS diagnostic port under the seat (on a gen2 anyway) could be used, I could also make something there if you wanted it under the seat.

Tail light is the brown wire. I make adapters for gen1 and gen2 to break out the tail light power and ground for accessories as well, doesn't have to be a relay setup and can be lower cost.
Also, the 6 pin SDS diagnostic port under the seat (on a gen2 anyway) could be used, I could also make something there if you wanted it under the seat.

Since it's only going to be powering a 5v usb adapter I think I can just use a wire tap on the brown wire. I should end up with a clean connection.

@smithabusa, could you make me a connection for the 6 pin SDS under my Gen II seat. Going to add the Annitori QS Pro there vs direct to battery for switched. Let me know about details and payment via DM.

Last edited:
@smithabusa, could you make me a connection for the 6 pin SDS under my Gen II seat. Going to add the Annitori QS Pro there vs direct to battery for switched. Let me know about details and payment via DM.
if you just want the connector and pins to put on your ground and switched 12V i can do that as well, $6 shipped or something for a connector, 5 of that is shipping

if you just want the connector and pins to put on your ground and switched 12V i can do that as well, $6 shipped or something for a connector, 5 of that is shipping
Something simple will work for me. I'm just not comfortable with cutting or tapping into that SDS wire but I like that location.

Back