Tank geting scratched w/ new AGV jacket, recommend a cover please!

Falcon Wing

Registered
My red/black 05 tank is getting scuffed pretty good with the new AGV "Hayabusa" jacket I just bought. I cannot believe they don't have a zipper cover.
Anyway, the little carbon fiber tank sticker is not protecting well enough. What options are there for something that can be applied and removed, and re-applied for cleaning?

Thanks for any suggestions.

My red/black 05 tank is getting scuffed pretty good with the new AGV "Hayabusa" jacket I just bought. I cannot believe they don't have a zipper cover.
Anyway, the little carbon fiber tank sticker is not protecting well enough. What options are there for something that can be applied and removed, and re-applied for cleaning?

No such luck, Your gonna have to get another Jacket, Send me that one and I will dispose of it for you. :thumbsup:

You can get a tank bra from your local dealership, or you can get a second look one me I am not to fond of those. The 3M stuff do a searh on the board I can not remember where to buy it.

Highly recommend the Tankslapper kit! Although if they were to improve the complete kit I would suggest a piece for the front of the hump and also for the belly wing on the Busa! They sell the 3m stuff as well as their own removable stuff.

1 word BAGSTER..Call me if you need one,can get tank bag combo also.

503-663-3278

:rofl:

Honestly, I can't be the only one that has had this experience with the jacket. Heck, my Goldwing Jacket has a zipper protector and the gas tank for the wing is UNDER the seat!???

I have a blue AGVSport Hayabusa jacket and it also leaves blue lines /marks on my carbon look tank protector from the coloring in the jacket. It is not from the zipper but the hard leather zipper covering on the jacket,it only happens when racing and laying on the tank.Seems to wipe off with alcohol.

Thanks for any suggestions.

How about a pic of the missing zipper cover...area? Do they have a fully exposed zipper?

Last edited:
How about a pic of the missing zipper cover...area? Do they have a fully exposed zipper?

Here is the exposed zipper and flapping zip pull.....

39385337911922c4f99f53d9adf16ecd0_large.jpg

3b62e86c47f2475babb600f218cd0c790_large.jpg

good post, a friend of mine is looking at the busa jackets but has an icon on hold. we'll take a close look at the zipper on both. i can see where this could be a problem.

Thanks for the pics. I see it now. It does have a leather wind flap under the zipper though right? My JR leather Suzy jacket has tighter leather sides to the zipper path so the zipper pull tucks in and the actual zipper isn't so exposed. All the vents are like that too. It retailed for much more than these AGV jackets are going for though and comes with a zip out vest liner too. I bet they're still worth the $$?

Poor planning on the design of that jacket.

It probably won't be the most popular recommended solution, but I bought two Suzuki tank protectors and mounted them one over the other...the bottom of one is closer to the seat the top of the other is closer to the fuel-fill. Works for me.

As it goes, in the twisties, I slide across the tank (left to right) a lot, gettin' my lean on.

Good luck with that. I think you'll find some very acceptable solutions.

:beerchug:

I have that jacket......I also have a full Bagster setup....get a hold of Daniel.. :super:

Highly recommend the Tankslapper kit! Although if they were to improve the complete kit I would suggest a piece for the front of the hump and also for the belly wing on the Busa! They sell the 3m stuff as well as their own removable stuff.

have the tank slapper kit on mine, if you are careful when washing you don't have to remove them. lite mist at the car wash is ok but if you blast them, they will lift off. mine have been on for months

I ended up gettign the vinal / carbon fiber looking Suzuki tank guard. It was $30 on eBay, and looks like it will do the trick.

Back