The Party\'s Over

I got a better idea on fame,why not get both or all the new superbikes together and have a bunch of real everyday riders test the bike out and come out with a test sheet on the bike handling,braking and speed run and post it on the various motorcycle web site.We as visitors of the various web site would vote for the riders we want and they go out and do the normal road testing and everyone would get to ride every bike twice to make sure we have a honest opinion.We could have a break down of testing by region of the US or by countries that way we will have real honest feed back and for track testing we select the racers to ride these bikes and no factory riders would be involved that way we can do real world testing.This would be alot fair then having brand X mags tell us which bike to buy.We can even post evaluations on what the riders would do to increase the safety and handling of these bikes,tire changes,brake pads,wind screen or what every.This would be alot better than posting who's bike is faster.In the real world we want a bike that will be safer for the rider and a bike that will fit the riders height,riding style and purpose of getting the bike.My 2Cents

The busas 15 minutes of fame are far from over ,theres at least 20 more. This bike will be in every magazine that has the zx-12 in it.They will be using the busa as the benchmark for everything that comes out for years to come . Weve had Miatas in the past and to this day its still used as a comparison in its two seater category.The busa has just that kind mystiqe .

...the party has just begun! When Kawasaki finaly realeases it's tarted up made over collecton of obsolete tech on the open market, Im sure it will post marginaly better numbers than the Busa did in its first year , but so what? It still wont be half as cool a sreet bike as the Busa and I bet it gets spanked repeatedly in the real world by real Busas when they think the have tweaked an inferior design to within an inch of its life and that it is finaly ready, after a years delay, to compete with the Busa..a big, lazy, fellow with tons of "head room" in the design, with current race winning tech and not some out dated GP frame that never made it even when it was current...it amused me to see the rags call the ZX12 "radical" when the right word would be "resurrected".

Jacko and Kockabuser, you guys are blooming idiots. real tough guys here in space arent you? Just the type that I love to spank, but Ill do my spanking in the flesh not in space.

Don't worry Dirty Pete, I'm sure all the doctors are scared out of their minds right now and are desperately checking his medication dosages.

News flash........Severe weather system.......spewing of dribble at dangerous levels.........all resident should remain calm.........please stay indoors.........storm will pass.........when spring comes.........

Whoa Kong! Spanking in the Flesh!? Not realy Hapo's thing! You sounding a bit Brit there, Buko! To others whom it may concern, Hapo is not realy a schitz because he is aware of the splintering of his physicy into several dissassociative personalities...in most this would constitute a sever phycosis, but as I am well aware of my condition and posses(at times) an IQ that mesasures off the scale, I have more or less managed to integrate the whole mess into a "personality dissoreder"! I am ammused at those who veiw the degradation of my English as "baby talk" and can't recognize the implications of some one lapsing into the third person on such a regular basis...kudos to DP for spotting a wolf in sheep's clothing, and fuk you 'Pete for pointing this out to all the other members...in the mean time , I WILL continue to spank the heck outa all who challange me on the street, and reamain utterly amused at the expenditure of bucks and time some fools, like KawAbuser, who spend big bucks in a vain attempt to achieve parity with some one who actuly can push this bike...go ahead and make it faster...if you live in Nevada! Otherwise you all would be better off spending your money on a good school and lots of tires and gas and beer! Hapo no need to because Sensei take the classes and then trains me as his "takeling dummy". 'Pete may cut a faster lap at Mosport, but I genneraly get up to speed in any envionment , so far...I am getting old, and Know this can't last much longer...but in the mean time, keep blowing all your cash on gadgits while I just learn to ride this thing...and as I've said before, if 'Pete (or even Kong) proves to be faster than Hapo, well cool, I won't try to eat your liver or nuthen(usualy), I would be glad to find someone besides Sensei to learn somthing from..THE END!

PS, 'Knight, I have decided that hence forth you just arn't worth responding to...sorry...

PSS, Kong, this is my 11th month as a computer geek in training...I can't even cut and paste! I believe I may know more or the"real world" than you all suspect...but this is cool...in a former life I made a living off of people underestimating my abilities...Way Cool! (Rite FC!? I'll bet he knows whay I'm talken about! I suspect he has been pullin files on me! Don't forget the BATF...some good reading there!)
[This message has been edited by Hapo (edited 20 November 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Hapo (edited 20 November 1999).]

Clap clap clap clap clap.......

I rather enjoyed that. But Hapo, don't be mad at Dirty Pete for giving away your secret, After all, you're the one who's doing the typing. Around here, half the people tawk li dat any way. I learned long ago not to judge people for a little dialect deficiency. You never know what you'll get.........

[This message has been edited by maui (edited 20 November 1999).]

It's just that Hapo Lechter speaks better without his leather mask.

Run! Jodi! Run!

The doctor is you friend, "Hapo you can use the typwriter another time if you take your meds and go back to the ward". Sorry we don't let him out as much as we should and when we don't he acts up.

Went to the motorcycle store(Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki) today to get an oil filter. They were already putting some Y2K's on the floor, no hayabusa's yet.

In talking to the owners it sounds like the heavy breathing this year is for the RC51's and the 929's. Those are the only bikes that have early deposits. Of course their 2 RC51's are already taken, but also 6 out of 8 of their 929's. R1's, R6's and GSX1300R's are just ho-hum.

In my opinion if Suzuki wants a big Hayabusa market it should change the focus of their advertising to sport touring. I have never had a bike that was so easy to ride 300 miles with just a gas break, and that includes a Goldwing. I'd bet that with the Genmar risers or Helibars, and a better windscreen it could be an Iron Butt contender.

All the emphasis on brute power and top speed appeals to a very small segment of the riding public (and 99% of .org), and probably scares off riders who would really enjoy the bike. It would be a shame if the Hayabusa got pigeonhold as a sleeker and faster replacement for the VMax.

Next spring the mags will be going crazy with ZX12/GSX1300R/CB1100XX shootouts. Real riding qualities will get lost in the numbers.

Does it matter what most other people think about the 'busa? The answer is no. If you really don't like your 'busa anymore get rid of it. Don't hassle others into trying to convince them to purchase a different bike than what this forum is all about. Most all of us are more than happy with the 1300cc blockbuster Hayabusa. If others really want opinions of bikes other than the 'busa I am more that sure there are competent professional riders that are also professional writers. It is from these persons I would give credence to in listening if I have not already experienced the machine in question; whatever machine it was that I was curious about.

You want to foster dissent among members join a political organization and put your talents to use there. In that enviroment you might even earn a living since dissent is a highly prized ability.

In general, there are those who won't touch anything Japanese and then there are those for whom anything but a Yamaha Seca II is the thing to be on.

I see you riding out there I'll wave regardles of what machine that is being used.

Happy Holidays to everyone! I hope you are ready for the next batch of 'busa riders showing off their new colours. I will try not to be too jealous as I really like the Red & Silver. :)

Sherm the point you make about the sport touring machines.

Honda's Blackbird advertising was all about speed and being top gun in its day. Now the XX is presented to the public as a kinder and softer giant. Is this where you suggest the Hayabusa is headed? I tell you "NO way, man".
The big Suzuki is just getting sorted out in the motor shops, people are finding out what works and what doesn't. I don't expect Suzuki to play second fiddle to anyone, except maybe our politicians and insurance companies. Suzuki advertising last year was very subtle and never spoke directly about warp speeds or such. Kawasaki on the other hand has done nothing but with the Gadson intro, a lot of hype as they scramble for market share.

"I am not just ready yet to strap on a set of hard bags on my Busa" and ride off to "Busacade" unless it is held at a lake, a dry lake that is! :)

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 01 December 1999).]

Every body got a 1/4 mile to run somwhere....the Road is harder to find! Drag raceing is better suited to the average American Gearhead's attention span than other sports as well...

The ZX-12 may beat the Busa by the skin of its arse but its still gonna fall short in the penis measuring contest. No matter how you look at it, its always gonna be shy 100 cc's. Therefore labelled "a little girls bike". No matter how much you guys piss and moan about your amazing little girls bike, we'll all be able to say "ya but look at the size of my c*ck". Why don't you stick your ZX-12 up your a*s, it should fit. Maybe thats how your suppose to change the plugs in that thing. Sorry guys, I'm a little sick of these snapperheads wasting threads with this topic.

All I mean to say is that the Hayabusa is such a great all round bike that a lot of riders who are not looking for, or needing, mega performance would still enjoy it. That doesn't mean that the squids (old and young) can't do their thing too.

Superman, I wonder if the mags will pick up on your penis length rating factor? We're all getting tired of 1/4, top speed, and roll-ons. Just need a good way of measuring it.

Back