Tire Reading

Flows

Donating Member
Registered
Hi folks,
I had some moderate leading edge ridges on the front and pronounced trailing edge ridges on the rear.
I have backed my front rebound off to 6 clicks out and it is starting to even out now.
I have bought my rear rebound in to 4 clicks out but the ridges are still being pretty stubborn. See photo.
Any thoughts?
photo_2024-01-23_14-02-30.jpg

If the leading edge is higher then you need faster rebound. Trailing edge higher needs slower rebound. Faster is opening up the screw. Personally I prefer a faster rebound to neutral wear.

If the leading edge is higher then you need faster rebound. Trailing edge higher needs slower rebound. Faster is opening up the screw. Personally I prefer a faster rebound to neutral wear.
Yeah I am already at 4 which is two clicks in from the CPR push test sweet spot (fast as poss with no bounce) and I even pulled a bit of front and rear compression dampening but the rear is still being stubborn. Maybe I'll try it at 3 and see if I feel any packing, traction issues, over steer on corrugations etc.

Is this tyre wear asymmetry one of those things where way too much does the same thing as not enough maybe?

I think I know what it might be, it is worse at mid lean 30ish and better past 40 degrees. I think it was probably from the coasting that happens when you just roll through corners on the cruise control and the tire circumference decreases so the bike tries to slow you down...

Chuckles, I am doing one if his courses at the end of the month.. will see. In the meantime I need to find a copy of Andrew Trevitt's Sportbike Suspension Tuning as teased by @kml for some more uber-nerding.

So did a full day course of riding and tweaking at each stop with the man him self and while by no means the full picture his experience is profound and my bike did feel better after he worked on it with me.

This is where we started from and ended up with for one up settings on the Gen 3. 16C - 20C / Very wet - Damp / bumpy twisties.

Weight95kg rider geared, half tank.
Suspension Oil6000 Ks
Tires20km now 150km 120/70 190/55 Michelin Road 6
Riding StyleTwisties
SettingStart of DayEnd of Day
Front Preload / Sag0 / 50mmSlightly cracked from max to prevent bind / 50
Front Rebound64 (will keep any eye on tire wear and back off as needed)
Front Compression52
Rear Preload / Sag4.7 thread showing / 32mm4.7 thread showing / 32mm
Rear Rebound43
Rear Compression77
Front Tire Pressure Cold35.5 Cold 15C (Wet Cond. Scrubbing In)35.5 Cold 15C (Wet Cond. Scrubbing In)
Rear Tire Pressure Cold36.5 Cold 15C (Wet Cond Scrubbing In)36.5 Cold 15C (Wet Cond. Scrubbing In)

Back