Tires.  Which one would you buy?

Tires.  Which one would you buy? - Don't mind changing every 3000 miles.

• Michelin Pilot Sport HPX

Votes: 91 100.0%
  • Michelin H2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metzeler M-1

• Pirelli Diablo

• Pirelli Diablo Corsa

• Dunlop D207RR

• Dunlop D208ZR

• Bridgestone BT 012SS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LongbowIP

Registered
This is what I want in a tire:

1.  Great in twisties.
2.  Great grip off the line.
3.  last at least 3000 miles.
4.  High speed stability.

I do wheelies, but not burn outs.  Keeping the standard tires size, 190 rear and 120 front.  Price not really a factor.

So if you had to choose a tire based on what I am looking for what would you chose?

Tony

Just looking for something that is a little more sticky. BT56's were ok. Just looking for something better.

Tony.

I was content with the BT56J OEM, but may try the 010 next. I've heard they are replacing the BT56J with an 010, anyone know for sure?

I was content with the BT56J OEM, but may try the 010 next. I've heard they are replacing the BT56J with an 010, anyone know for sure?
I had one dealer tell me that he could no longer get the BT56's.. so, not wanting to take his word for it, I contacted Bridgestone via email.  Here's my correspondence:

My request for info:
I have an '02 Suzuki Hayabusa with BT56's front and rear.  I need to
replace
them and have contacted a dealer who informs me that the BT56 has been
replaced by the BT010.  If this is the case, is the BT010/11 the
preferred
choice for the Hayabusa?  If not, what is recommended?

response from Bridgestone:
The BT-010 is our latest high-performance tire, although, the Hayabusa
is not the typical sport bike as you know.  We still offer the OEM BT-56
'J' spec that was designed and tested specifically for this bike.  We
strongly recommend staying with this tire for best performance and wear.

When ordering, refer to the following:

120/70ZR17 BT-56 J  - Article #:  076627
190/50ZR17 BT-56 J - Article #:  076635

Hope this helps!

I went to another dealer and they had the tires in the next day.

I ordered the Pilot Sport HPX's today. I am not dissatisfied the the BT56's it's just that I want to try something different.

I will try an report my experiences with the new tires after a couple of thousand miles.

Thanks for the replies.

Tony

I never had I metzeller on the Busa
but this is what I always had on my 1100 gixxers. I loved them, very preditable, lasted long (6000)
And i wasn't easy on them.
But with the busa it might be a different story.
Any experience?

The only choice.. Michelin Pilot. By far the best tire I've ever ridden on. I chose the plain Pilot over the HPX because of weight savings. I plan on switching to the H2s next. The wet grip is incredible and "turn in" is great!! I liked them so much I have them on my car.

I figure I will go with a new set of tires by the spring. My choice will definitely be the Metzeler M4. I have discussed this with Lori (LoBusa) before and she seems to love them. They definitely handle well in the twisties and have great treadwear. Trust me! I've seen Lo ride and she really knows how to do the damn thang! It's almost astonishing how well she handles that bike. To be quite honest, I wish I could ride the twisties as good as she does. The girl is BAAAADD!

Brian

Check out how chicken poop this is:

I went in to my local dealer a few months back and inquired about some Metzeler M4's. The girl told me that the price would be $225 a piece for front and rear (net total of $450 for tires only. Mount, balancing, and taxes separate). She also went on to tell me that if I didn't purchase the tires from them that they wouldn't mount or balance them for me. I know that it's slightly off-topic, but I was wondering if any of you experience bullshit like this?rock.gif Talk to me...

Brian

ive had a dealer want to charge a surcharge for putting on tires not bought from them... even after the charge i still saved $80 overall.
still bullshit they do that, they are still making the money in the service dpt.

I am installing Pilot Roads on the Busa. 254 bucks delivered..I have them on the ZRX and have never had a issue with them..some of the best tires I have ran in the past 6 yrs..Have had .020, 014,Diablo`s,Mez`s,208`s,Sports and I end up back with the Pilot Roads..I have found the front Pilot Road only last a little longer than the rear, no real bad cupping like a .020 just wore down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back