Titanium or Aluminum connecting Rods?

Lightweight would be my guess. Surprisingly the NHRA Pro Stock Suzuki’s use steel rods and the huge Buell V twin motors with a much longer stroke and bore run aluminum rods. Go figure.
Hi. Do not forget carbon fiber rods. Auminum rods havs a short life span they need to be replaced after a set number of tuns. On my motor I went with custom steel rods I called Carrillo1 told them a had a garrett G42-1200c turbo so I wanted rods for 13500 RPM with an over run to 14200 RPM. So $1400.00 later ( as I am a dealer ) for them came a custom set of rods pins and bolts. I am still looking into CF rods. Also Webb Cams ground a custom cam for me and JE Pistons did a custom piston. Every thing that needs to be coated was done at IA coatings in Huaton TX. The head was done at HMP with Inconel valves and the exhaust is also made of Inconel and eas also coated at IA Coatings too.

Hi. Do not forget carbon fiber rods. Auminum rods havs a short life span they need to be replaced after a set number of tuns. On my motor I went with custom steel rods I called Carrillo1 told them a had a garrett G42-1200c turbo so I wanted rods for 13500 RPM with an over run to 14200 RPM. So $1400.00 later ( as I am a dealer ) for them came a custom set of rods pins and bolts. I am still looking into CF rods. Also Webb Cams ground a custom cam for me and JE Pistons did a custom piston. Every thing that needs to be coated was done at IA coatings in Huaton TX. The head was done at HMP with Inconel valves and the exhaust is also made of Inconel and eas also coated at IA Coatings too.
I'm just riding street so what would titanium rods do for me?

I'm just riding street so what would titanium rods do for me?
I looked into titanium rods back in the mid 90's , they should be excellent choice , still super strong like steel , but lighter . I would think there would have to be some shortfalls compared to Corrillo Rods , but street you might get away with relatively stress free easy life .

Lightweight would be my guess. Surprisingly the NHRA Pro Stock Suzuki’s use steel rods and the huge Buell V twin motors with a much longer stroke and bore run aluminum rods. Go figure.
Pro stock bikes here in OZ use a lot of old tech compared to some other bike types . They still use carbs ( Lectrons ) , and wheelie bars . I am not sure about engine rules but the US Suzuki running steel rods would have to be a compromise compared to what the twins can run to level the field . Some of the no bar bikes are quicker nowadays , which I find amazing .
This is pic of AU $16K billet cylinder head that a fella I know bought for his pro stock build .

IMG_6954.jpg

IMG_6953001.jpg

Pro stock bikes here in OZ use a lot of old tech compared to some other bike types . They still use carbs ( Lectrons ) , and wheelie bars . I am not sure about engine rules but the US Suzuki running steel rods would have to be a compromise compared to what the twins can run to level the field . Some of the no bar bikes are quicker nowadays , which I find amazing .
This is pic of AU $16K billet cylinder head that a fella I know bought for his pro stock build .

View attachment 1687687

View attachment 1687688

Jewelry! Wow

Back