Tsukigi Canon Full Exhaust Opinions

max1580

Registered
I own a 2009 Hayabusa and am looking for the loudest pipe on the market. I prefer a can style exhaust rather than a shorty style pipe. I have watched a lot of You Tube
"Hayabusa Exhaust" videos and think the Tsukigi Canon sounds the best. I know some pipes will produce a couple of horsepower more than another but that is not one of my objectives as the bike is fast enough and that extra 2 or 3 horsepower won't make a difference to me. Please give your opinion about the Tsukigi Canon. Thanks in advance.

Cutting a few inches off the length of the can will make any pipe louder too. Most of the aftermarket mufflers are pop rivoted together, so you can drill the rivots to remove the guts for repacking. Cut the desired length off with a band saw, porta band, reciprocating saw, or even a hacksaw. Put the end cap back in, mark holes with a sharpie, drill new holes, rivot together, done. Shorter, usually better looking, and always a little louder.
Just a thought if you're interested, I've done several over the years and always liked them that way.

Cannon full system. Will make a great increase in power mid range and top end. Nothing lost on bottom. Very loud. Best description I ever heard was "Chevy big block." Definitely sounds like a race pipe and you WILL want to do a PAIR block to cut popping on decel. Make sure you can get a map for it. Only thing I wish were different was I wish it were a few pounds lighter.

There is a quiet insert available....but I think you should count yourself lucky if you can even find the pipe. I have 1 of the last Cannons sold by HPC. Have not installed yet. Love the Cannon I put on my 14. Good luck.

How much does our exhaust weight? I never put mind on a scale. Thats the only think I like about the brock pipe 8-9lbs.
Cannon full system. Will make a great increase in power mid range and top end. Nothing lost on bottom. Very loud. Best description I ever heard was "Chevy big block." Definitely sounds like a race pipe and you WILL want to do a PAIR block to cut popping on decel. Make sure you can get a map for it. Only thing I wish were different was I wish it were a few pounds lighter.

There is a quiet insert available....but I think you should count yourself lucky if you can even find the pipe. I have 1 of the last Cannons sold by HPC. Have not installed yet. Love the Cannon I put on my 14. Good luck.

JMHO----there never was abetter looking pipe for the g2 busa than the Cannon. i suspect he designed the pipe for the busa.

The pipe diameter is noticeably wider on the busa Cannon than it is on the ZX-14 Cannon.

I am a big fan of that 4-1 Cannon. Wait- I'll insert pic.

Ok this one I like:
GSX1300R%20HAYABUSA%20%6008%20CANON%20STYLE.jpg

The canon is great, but I have a full brocks alienhead for sale if you want a loud pipe and want to save some $$$

I own a 2009 Hayabusa and am looking for the loudest pipe on the market.
Why?
Do you want your neighbours to hate you? Do you want new laws to be passed, banning aftermarket exhaust systems? Do you want to help spread the negative image of motorcyclists?

Why?
Do you want your neighbours to hate you? Do you want new laws to be passed, banning aftermarket exhaust systems? Do you want to help spread the negative image of motorcyclists?

This. The "look at me, look at me! I need attention! :cheerleader::cheerleader:" thing is pretty damn annoying. Loud pipes don't save lives, they annoy people and alter perceptions about other riders. A good rider saves lives.

This. The "look at me, look at me! I need attention! :cheerleader::cheerleader:" thing is pretty damn annoying. Loud pipes don't save lives, they annoy people and alter perceptions about other riders. A good rider saves lives.

Yes and Yea--but I'd love to let my Cannon scream out in the middle of the desert where no one but the rattlers could hear me. I love the sound. It's pretty obvious that some other motorists really do not. They will pass to get around me if I am going slow. The quiet insert is something to use for every day use. Right after the stockers, I was pretty embarassed for a while. The popping was the main issue; not the decibels. Loudest Harley still louder than a Cannon.

Far as safety----could see the howl scare a cager into overreacting and wrecking you. Never had any close calls with that but the pipe did act as a roadkill prevention system twice. Approaching a couple deer on the road, my reaction was to cut the throttle. The wail of the engine decel scared them off into the rhubarb long before I got there. Pop at 3,500 ensured they weren't coming back for a while.

Last edited:
Why?
Here are some answers to your questions:
1- Do you want your neighbors to hate you? I have been riding motorcycles with aftermarket exhausts for 30+ years and my neighbors don't hate me because I don't ride down my street or through my neighborhood at redline (actually short shift as a courtesy to my neighbors).
2- Do you want new laws to be passed, banning aftermarket exhaust systems? Generally most aftermarket exhausts are already illegal as noise ordinances go. There are state and federal laws already in the books prohibiting you from operating a motorcycle/car which has an altered exhaust from "OEM stock" to an aftermarket exhaust which would have a greater db level then permitted in your state.
3- Do you want to help spread the negative image of motorcyclists? JIMHO I don't believe that an altered exhaust, no matter how loud or low is what spreads the negative image or perception of a motorcyclist. There are basically two factors that spread the negative image of a motorcyclist. Unfortunately for us motorcyclists, the 1969 "outlaw biker" movie "Easy Rider" set the negative image groundwork many years ago. That is an image we will never break out of. The other factor that spreads the negative image is the jerks who insist on splitting lanes at high rates of speed while the cars they are passing are in stand still traffic. I actually thought of one more which is the jerks who do wheelies on a major 6 lane highway at 70+ MPH.
Now to answer your question, Why? In 30+ years of riding street bikes, there have been many eye opening experiences where the operator of a car just didn't see me. I have been riding long enough that I can say I have lost a few friends in motorcycle accidents. Whether you agree with me or not I am still here today riding because of a loud pipe. When I purchase a new bike with a stock pipe, almost every time I ride the bike someone usually tries to change lanes into where I am riding forcing me to take a crazy evasive manuver to avoid being killed. When I change that pipe out to an aftermarket pipe those situations are reduced about 90%. Maybe this doesn't happen where you ride but here in New York there are millions of people driving their cars with their heads up their you know what while either texting, women putting on makeup, eating or whatever else they think of doing while driving. I am a huge believer in "LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES." I hope this answers your question of why I am looking to purchase a loud pipe.

I am a huge believer in "LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES."
That is a total fiction. The only time a driver can even hear your pipes is at very slow speeds, and only then if they don't have their car stereo playing. Once you are travelling at highway speeds, they'll only hear you when you are directly beside them.
If you have to have a ridiculously loud, attention-seeking bike that will make people hate you, just buy a Harley.

"they'll only hear you when you are directly beside them."

True if you are flying through traffic. Riding beside another vehicle or pull up behind and pace for a few seconds--most people will hear that if the muffler is loud. NO, they don't always like it and NO they don't always move--nor should they feel they have to.

With the stockers, I've had cars and trucks not hear me when I was directly beside them and that turned out to be a dangerous situation once or twice. Brakes one time. Gas the other----it's great to have a machine you can rely on to get you out of a tough spot.

I'm sure loud pipes don't do much for preventing you from being targeted by radar or lazar.

Last edited:
There is a member here in san diego area, I sold a cannon setup to for a busa he was talking about getting rid of it.

That is a total fiction. The only time a driver can even hear your pipes is at very slow speeds, and only then if they don't have their car stereo playing. Once you are travelling at highway speeds, they'll only hear you when you are directly beside them.
If you have to have a ridiculously loud, attention-seeking bike that will make people hate you, just buy a Harley.
I guess your only mode of transportation is a motorcycle and you don't have much experience driving in a car while a motorcycle is approaching you from the rear. Every time I am driving in my car stereo playing or not, if there is a bike with a aftermarket pipe approaching from the rear and he either stays there or is passing me, that pipe got my attention before I actually saw him. As for "The only time a driver can even hear your pipes is at very slow speeds" doesn't make sense. If a car is traveling at a slow speed that means the bike is traveling at a slow speed and the engine is at a low rpm (not loud) or the car is traveling at a slow speed and the bike just rocketed by you. Fiction or nonfiction, everyone has their own opinion. I've never been to Australia, but I can only assume the roads in Sydney are nothing like the roads where I am riding in New York. The jerks on the roads here don't see you, don't care about you and don't give you any respect. They will sideswipe you or run you over, watch you in their rear view mirror getting shot out from under their car and keep going without stopping while still talking on their cell phone or texting a friend. You need all the help you can get to survive. If that means pissing a few people off with a loud pipe, oh well, at the end of the day I am alive and live to ride another day. Many riders add safety accessories onto their bikes like a "back Off Brake Modulator" or a "Headlight Modulator" to be seen by other cars, I just see a loud pipe as one of those accessories. If you don't agree, come to New York and I will take you riding on some of the roads around here. You will be bug eyed at the end of the ride by how many cars almost wipe you out. I've ridden in many other states besides New York and the roads in those states must be like riding in Sydney. Here is an open invitation to you to come ride in New York and then maybe you will want to add a few things to your bike to help you be seen/heard besides changing the little things that won't help you stay alive like adding a gel seat or a windscreen, or adding an undertail or a tank bra or maybe even some painted race ready dash panels.

I guess your only mode of transportation is a motorcycle and you don't have much experience driving in a car while a motorcycle is approaching you from the rear.
Wrong. I own a car, a truck and a bike. I've been driving/riding for 17 years, on all kinds of roads, in all kinds of traffic, in all kinds of weather.
The reason I generalise that car drivers don't hear you at highway speed is simple: a car (or any vehicle) makes a lot more noise driving at high speed, i.e wind noise, road noise, etc.
Have you ever driven past a school at 15mph? - You can hear kids playing/people talking, right?
Have you ever driven past anything at 70mph? - About the only thing you can hear at that speed is earthmoving equipment.
The only way I know a motorcycle is anywhere near me is when I see one in my rearview mirrors. (Unless they're right beside me, of course.)

Anyone who thinks their super-loud exhaust is "saving their life" when riding at over 35mph is kidding themselves.

BTW, Sydney drivers are probably even more ignorant than NY drivers. - Australia has never really had a "motorcycle culture", so most of the drivers here either hate motorcyclists or are terrified of us. Either way, they do their best to kill us. (All women should be banned from driving SUVs, for this very reason.)

Last edited:
Back