Turbo Busa slams 361 horsepower on the Dyno

OB_GSXRboy

Registered
Gary's bike that was just down in the shootout dynoed at 477hp! Hauns Racecraft did a three stage turbo on it. The he cleaned up the head and put a 2mm in it. Pretty damn impresive I'd say!

I had the pleasure of talking to Mark Mosian of American Turbo.He Dynoed his Turbo Busa at AMI in Daytona.It Dynoed at 361 horsepower with all stock internals.The bike was ran at 12lbs boost.Now he admitted that this is not the production model that he will be selling to the public and that the system he is working on will give 250 to 280 horsepower.The Prototype system can be run at higher boost levels.Damn life is good.

They said it went up to 477! Although they said the dyno is only accurate up to 400. So it may have been over 477 they don't know. Hauns Racecraft said it produced more horsepower than any other bike they ever did. Bet that cost a pretty penny!

Big Mike, I think the opposite. If I ever ride a bike with that much HP everything else would pale in comparision. You are correct in saying that it's not for cornering, but the acceleration would be awesome. Besides, too much is never enough...

No such thing as too much horsepower, Just not enought tire !! Jack.

WHO THE HELL CAN RIDE A BIKE WITH 477hp AND HONESTLY SAY THEY ENJOYED IT . I RODE TURBO ZZR1100 WAS THE WORST RIDE OF MY LIFE , SCARED SHITLESS TO OPEN THROTLE IN CORNERS AS BACK WHEEL SPUN ALL OVER THE PLACE

I was at the AMI on Saturday, the day after the shootout was finished. The highest no. posted was 361 hp (not 400, not 477). I read a wile ago that the Hayabusa for Rothwell was putting out 470 hp. The guy from MT (I think, his brother heads the prostar thing) has a Turbo Hayabusa that puts out 550 hp but the truck trailer and bike were wrecked when he hit a tree on the way to Daytona. So we don't know what it will will do. The owner is OK and out of the hospital.

I was there with Nick and got to hear Mark talk about the Busa turbo also. I have to say he is one of the biggest aholes I have ever been around. Nick was nice enough to offer to do some free advertising on the busa web page he said "No I dont want a bunch of aholes emailing and calling me" He said he was so busy he did not have time.

I wonder how he decides if an email is from a customer or an ahole? I liked the look of his system however I can only imagine how bad his support was if I had a problem or needed service afterwards. I for one would not consider his system based only on his attitude. Plus the price is $6000 in kit form $7K installed which makes it the most expensive on the market
Don

He's not real friendly on the phone, either. If they're so busy, why not expand, and increase production ? Or, would they rather play the limited supply, and jack up the unit cost. The competition would love that.

Anyone know if AMI went back to a Dynojet dyno or were they using the SuperFlow for the horsepower shootout? Dunno about the SF, but the Dynojet's software is limited not to display past 500hp.

Most HP I've seen was 495...Kisers' ZX-11, 1550cc, turbo w/nitrous. Moisan went 434 that year (1998) and scattered the stock '89 1100 bottom end on the dyno.

[This message has been edited by WS6_Keith (edited 17 March 2000).]

Nick,

How much torque did the bike make?. In England Gary Rothwell's Busa made 348 bhp and 212 ft/lbs.

his will wheelie in 6th at 120 mph.

Have a nice day.

Z

Back