Two Years Ago... (the end of my first 06LE)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, I was moved to look through some pix to see if I could find a 'busa in the back of my Ridgeline...

I was unconscious...my friend, Jim, snapped these shots. He had to turn around--when I stopped responding on the Chatterbox...he knew something was wrong...

I found these, and just thought I'd share a little history...

1. Claw Marks on Mulholland
2. Injured Busa A
3. Injured Busa B
4. Injured Busa C
5. Injured Busa D
6. Injured Busa E
7. Injured Busa F
8. Look out for this guy...
9. Scene
10. Injured Busa G
11. My broken collar bone...

Claw Marks on Mulholland.jpg

Injured Busa 1.jpg

Injured Busa 2.jpg

Injured Busa 3.jpg

Injured Busa 4.jpg

Injured Busa.jpg

Napping.jpg

Look Out For This Guy!.jpg

Scene.jpg

Last edited:
So this is what caused u to put your bike in the back of your truck?
Posted via Mobile Device

So this is what caused u to put your bike in the back of your truck?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah...the guy in the Mercedes rear-ended me...

He hit me and pushed the bike into the position you see her laying in...

Car Damage 2.jpg

My Broken Bruised Collar.jpg

is that a glitch in the photo or a rod in your shoulder
Posted via Mobile Device

is that a glitch in the photo or a rod in your shoulder
Posted via Mobile Device

No...interestingly, that pic is from the law suit...like anyone needed a 'pointer' to see where the 'damage' was. There were several other contusions and a hair-line fractured hip. I shuffled my broken a$$ over to the dealership and bought her replacement two weeks later (before there were no more to be found). :laugh:

awesome, did insurance let u scrounge any parts off old one?
Posted via Mobile Device

Geezz! How about a warning before you post those disgusting and obscene photos?! There is something very wrong about seeing a busa lying on its side. PICK IT UP PICK IT UP!

awesome, did insurance let u scrounge any parts off old one?
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't want any, and the bike was predominantly stock. I had over 19k miles on her. I have nearly 21k on her replacement (even after hardly riding her at all in '08).

Your title says (the end of my first 06LE).
Couldn't it be fixed?
It doesn't look that bad?

Now, I might get flamed for this, but I didn't want her after this. The shop to which I took her (Lee's Cycle Racing) asked me...and I said... And so, she was totaled. I'm confident the bike was snagged up at auction and is still more than likely somewhere on the road...I hope so, anyway.

Geezz! How about a warning before you post those disgusting and obscene photos?! There is something very wrong about seeing a busa lying on its side. PICK IT UP PICK IT UP!

Cut me some slack, Adam...I was unconscious. :moon:

I think you bought the very last one :poke: Glad your injuries we're more serious, who else would I ride with out here?

Brother...you're glad my injuries were more serious? Maybe an edit is in order?

Maybe not...:laugh:

and the 'who else' is a can 'o' worms you don't EVEN want to open... :rofl:

glad you made it outta that one ok ... dont make a repeat performance :poke: ... deal? :beerchug:

That sucks my friend. I am just glad it was not worse and you are still with us to share this story. I think I would share in the sentiment of replacing my bike if she was ever damaged to the point of major repair. I hope I never have to make that decision.

glad you made it outta that one ok ... dont make a repeat performance :poke: ... deal? :beerchug:

Deal. It's one of the reasons her replacement sits protectively in the garage week after week...

:whistle:

Thanks, Brian.

Getting rear ended on a bike that hard has to be terrible. I got "bumped" pretty hard way back in the 80's and still have a phobia about it. Glad you're still around and riding hard, Scar :beerchug:

Getting rear ended on a bike that hard has to be terrible. I got "bumped" pretty hard way back in the 80's and still have a phobia about it. Glad you're still around and riding hard, Scar :beerchug:

Thanks, Paul...that's the beauty from which the pillion seat you now have came.

Back