(UK) who\'s doing the Snetterton trackday on the 21st of July?

OB_DangerMouse

Registered
The fastest straight of any track in the UK!

Come on you know you want to.

There are still a couple of places left (£85)....

TDT Motorsport: Tony Scott 0121 457 8067 fax 0121 453 2063 e-mail Tony Scott website www.tdt.co.uk Bike hire (Honda 600CBR race), Data logging, tyre fitting and video services available on the day. Quote reference tdt/ws/008 for a discount on booking.

Well, you already know that I'm gonna be there! Have you booked the Angel Inn yet?

Got me a set of braided lines so I can stop at the end of the str8 more than 3 times in a row.

Looking forward to it, personally I think this should be the first outing for the Hayabusas.org.uk members.

Thanks 4 reminding me pooh - I'll book today!

My bro has sold the ZX9C2 and bought a TL1000S, I guess he couldn't stand the thought of being zapped down Revett and opted out instead. :)

Good idea pooh - come on UK Blokes get to Snetterton and show a few "sports" bikes who really is king!

Pooh

Which make of SSBraided Lines did you get?

Cost?
Whats the metal and finish on the banjo's like?

Does it really make that much difference??
Dot 4 or dot 5 fluid?
2 lines from Master cylinder or origonal configuration?

Thanks

Lock Nuts ;)

NN

1. Whatever Gasabusa had lying around on his garage floor at the time

2. £75 all in.

3. umm....stainless and shiny? not anodised.

4. Yes!

5. Dunno

6. 2 lines from m/c

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful but I just ride the damn thing, leave all the messy bits to someone else.

Thanks!! Helpful enuff!
The Not anodised bit is good (they are supposed to be **** !!)

you don't like getting greasy?
I thought that was part of the fun of M/C ownership!!!

Snetterton......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
£85, plus fuel, plus rubber, plus accomodation is a PCII for me.

Sorry DM

Nuts

NumbNuts,
Don't use Dot 5, the Busas seals are not designed for it and may fail after time.

Use Castrol RS synthetic (available from Sainbury's Homebase of all places!) this stuff exceeds Dot 5 boiling point but is Dot 4 chemically and is as such safe to use, It costs less than standard Halfords dot 4!

It's clear too which looks dead cool!!

FYI I use BSR s/s braided lines and S/S banjo bolts. (£43 all in from the Ally Pally bike show!)

Again only use stainless steel Banjo bolts - Alloy ones can fracture through fatigue failure - they may look pretty but I wouldn't trust my life to them.

Talking of PCIIs if mine turns up I can sell it to you for a reasonable price - I've lost it in my house move I believe I may have thrown it away! :(
I've bought a replacement and am not too happy about ending up buying two!

Shame about Snetters - you know you want to!

DM

Thanks for the DOT advice. Will be taking a trip to Homebase soon!!!

Do you know of where to get BSR from apart from the ally pally??

The anodised ones do fracture real easy (the racers (so I'm told) replace after every race) and they corode real quick.

Who did you get your PCII from, and what extortionate amounts of cash did they extract from you? (if you don't mind me asking that is!)

Bloody right I want to!!, but investing in my education, owning a Busa, House, classic car, and living in UK, don't leave much spare cash for "leisure pursuits"!!!!!

Hope all you UK riders are Boycotting the pumps on august 1st!!

Strapped Nuts ;)

I've got the name of the company at home - I'll post tonight! - the lines and fittings are superb quality IMHO better than the goodridges from MPS.

You are right about the racers - don't use alloy on the road!

My original PCII was from Stan Stevens at ally pally (I knocked him down to £225) although to be honest I think it's the first one he sold, you couldn't get one for that price if you tried now, PCIIs are £250 inc vat everywhere, the reason is only PDQ's import them and if you undercut them they may not want to supply you anymore.

What classic do you run? I've got a Sunbeam Stiletto!

'72 Triumph Spitfire, MkIV

Restored it couple of years ago from a pile of rust and a bucket of bolts!!

Beautiful
(got a bit carried away though with the Hp thing, dropped a 2.8 V6 in it. Silly. Worst mistake I've ever made. value of car went, um, Aussie-wards.)
Still. Took my sister to the church in it when she got married, she loves it. Her name is Samantha, so she calls it Sammy Spitfire! If she wasn't so short (can't reach the pedals)I would have given it to her as a wedding present!!
Might try and find a piccy of it to post....looks stunning in Pimento red

Sunbeam Stilleto?
You will have to educate me now DM. I don't recollect this one. The alpine, and talbot no probs, but the Stilleto????

£250 inc was the price I was quoted also.

The Goodridges come with a lifetime gaurentee....(and I was going to get them from Goodridge themselves, but I will have to look into these BSR ones

Brake Nuts ;)

Cheers pooh - all booked!

I'll try not to get too pissed the night before unlike last time at the Angel (about 11 pints - got to bed about 3:00AM) Damn, the beer was just too darn good!

First few track sessions were a bit touch and go.

No sparky sliders allowed - damn!

PS the Stilletto was an Imp derivative - a little fastback.

[This message has been edited by DangerMouse (edited 10 July 2000).]

NumbNuts,

Found the place it's bike torque racing (www.biketorqueracing.co.uk) normal (non show) price for s/s lines and Banjos £47 + VAT.

01225 722788

If you don't like spannering Pooh's all in price looks bloody competetive - just take along your own Castrol RS and you're well away!

[This message has been edited by DangerMouse (edited 10 July 2000).]

The Pod sounds great to me, can't see the point of travalling further for a worse venue as the Pod is the best strip in the UK.

PS my PFM discs arrived this morning - hope I get time to fit them before Friday!

Hey, you UK guys. How about coming to support me dragging at York on SUnday??

Leaving M25/M1 junction or there abouts (jct 13 M1) either saturday night or early sunday morning.

What do you all say eh?????

Common on, the lot of ya!!

Nuts ;)

Back