USB Power Options

jonlaird61

Registered
Has anyone mounted a USB Power Connector on the Gen 3 yet?
Any recommendations on which one to purchase?
Are you connecting directly to the battery or are there other options to connect to?

Super agree! I connected a relay to the white connector under the rear seat, which is under lock and key. I also connected a 12V current stabilizer because I think 14.5 times is a lot

Be careful, I have a Gopro 8 and the manual recommends USB socket with only 1 amper to avoid damage
Well that mean i would have to run two separate to the handlebars one for the phone and one for the go pro not a lot of room to mount two USB adapters and having a sleek look. What do you think how I should set it up

Well that mean i would have to run two separate to the handlebars one for the phone and one for the go pro not a lot of room to mount two USB adapters and having a sleek look. What do you think how I should set it up

What about flush mounted USB ports mounted on the inside of the dash panel in square? Somewhat hidden and easy access. Would need some USB covers to keep rain out or maybe they make a waterproof version similar to this.

On my old Gen2 I've used a similar spot for a momentary button I soldered to my garage door remote.

873F8856-AE2B-40A0-AF54-AB0DD899EF17.jpg

e3d534bd-f053-4ef4-a127-d88b65fbd9f8_1.700496df7a1b2e37fb41369ee51ce42d.jpg

What about flush mounted USB ports mounted on the inside of the dash panel in square? Somewhat hidden and easy access. Would need some USB covers to keep rain out or maybe they make a waterproof version similar to this.

On my old Gen2 I've used a similar spot for a momentary button I soldered to my garage door remote.

View attachment 1649200

View attachment 1649201
I’ve actually had a flash mounted bob my old one. And it got wet a little even when it had a cover. But maybe put it in a better direction but just seems too much . I’m not a good cutter and had a dealer do the old one . Idk just seems alot of thinking for so little reason

D

View attachment 1649200

View attachment 1649201Do you have a link for the usb to purchase maybe I can figure something outb

I’ve actually had a flash mounted bob my old one. And it got wet a little even when it had a cover. But maybe put it in a better direction but just seems too much . I’m not a good cutter and had a dealer do the old one . Idk just seems alot of thinking for so little reason

Only thing I can think of to better keep water out is finding a rubber USB plug, if they make them. Alternately could get a USB plug 3D printed in TPU if had to.

If I need to make precise cuts, add some painters tape and sketch out the cutout in pencil. Take the Dremel and go slowly to cutout general shape. Use a file or sand paper to fine tune, stopping at times to test fit as you go.

and yep lots of work for something small, but figuring out these things is kinda fun

I have two of the quadlock waterproof usb charger thingies mounted up front. Use one for the phone and one for the GoPro when I use it.
But would’ve been nice if Suzuki had thought, “maybe a USB port would be a good idea these days”

I have two of the quadlock waterproof usb charger thingies mounted up front. Use one for the phone and one for the GoPro when I use it.
But would’ve been nice if Suzuki had thought, “maybe a USB port would be a good idea these days”

For whatever reason I could see them add wireless charging on a motorcycle before USB... because they think logically like that, lol

Back