Vibration in the front??

02badbusa

Registered
My 02 BUSA has had a type of shimmy in the front end for about a month. At 60mph or so if I take my hands off the handle bars to rest or stretch a little the handle bars will start to shimmy about 3/4 of an inch back and forth. I have not changed any suspension setting or anything of that sort, could it be something as simple as needing a new front tire or something more.

Any help is welcome.

And I don't do wheelies or anything like that.
I DO drag race it.

The first thing to check is cupping of the front tire. The next thing I would check are all bolts associated with the front forks, wheels and anything else.

Although I have never done it the steering head bearings might need tightened.

Others will chime in soon with ideas.

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154033520 -->

I will second the front tire cupping. How many miles do you have on the front tire?
rock.gif

I have a front tire / rim sitting in the shed. The door handle is stiff. It feels locked but it's not, Just push in and turn and it will open. Top section of the second cabinet on the left hand side is where you'll find teh Busa wheels and tires. Not sure if the rim has bearings in it. If not, there is a Timken Box with a complete set of bearings and seals sitting in the garage. That box is in the bottom cabinet right above the Busa on the right hand side of the garage. You've got the code to get in so come grab the stands and the tire/bearings etc. and find out for sure. Don't wanna find out the hard way at Sunshine Drag Strip Saturday night that it is something more serious!
Going to Ocala today to pick up the body panels and Cowl Hood for the '67  
tounge.gif
 Don't know when i'm getting home but if ya want me to help, You got my numbers...

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154087021 -->

Back