Wanna Sixpack?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Three custom CBXs So, whaddyathink?

Custom-3.jpg

Custom-2.jpg

Custom-1.jpg

Sweet rides. I'm sure those chassis are better than the originals. Checked Wiki for facts about the original. This line was telling:

Despite its impressive brawn and intimidating six-pipe exhaust system, the CBX never really caught on in the US with the street-racing crowd. Some competitors were cheaper, lighter, and (more importantly) better handling. So the big Honda was often dismissed as being more show than go. The Suzuki GS 1000 S offered a much superior performance package of light weight, excellent handling and potent engine power.

So even back then, Honda was eating Suzuki's dust. :rofl:

"So even back then, Honda was eating Suzuki's dust."

Not in 1979. The CBX was the first motorcycle to have over 100 horsepower and beat every bike in quarter mile times, (low to mid 11s). In 1980, Suzuki came out with a model that barely beat it but did handle and brake better. The top two shown have Spondon frames and all have upgraded forks and brakes etc from other models. The black one has a Suzy front end on it I believe. Nothing like the wail of the mighty six at full song...:bowdown:

I'm sorry, I have to comment here. I am 61 years old and have owned a highly modified 1980 Yamaha XS-11(1200cc/nitrous), and 2 Suzuki GS1000's. I was racing in the Malibu mountains before most were born. The fact is....the Honda CBX, the Yam XS 11 and the Suz GS1000 were all formidible motorcycles and the CBX was and still is an engineering marvel. I will never stand by and listen to superficial one liners that are inaccurate. Long live the mighty CBX. Wickipedia is flat stupid and wrong on this one. Raydog

Last edited:
Not in 1979. The CBX was the first motorcycle to have over 100 horsepower and beat every bike in quarter mile times, (low to mid 11s). In 1980, Suzuki came out with a model that barely beat it but did handle and brake better. The top two shown have Spondon frames and all have upgraded forks and brakes etc from other models. The black one has a Suzy front end on it I believe. Nothing like the wail of the mighty six at full song...:bowdown:
Don't worry CBXRider and Raydog. Back in 1979 I was working in an independent motorcycle repair shop (mostly Honda and Suzuki). Only knew one person who had a CBX and we were in awe of it. I would love to have one of these in my garage.

Last edited:
Holy Spamoni!!!!!!!!
Those are as you say in the vernacular "SICK"
They are naked and edgy looking. Bet they rock on the track!

Yeah Bill, a guy in his 70s I think, named Andreas built it. Hand formed body pieces and two CBX motors spliced together. Carbueration and intake runners along with piping and exhaust routing were his main problems. Here's a couple more pics and another bike he built with a Ferrari Dino motor.

Monster2.jpg

Monster.jpg

Dino.jpg

I have a neighbor that owns a CBX. I have been asking about buying it from him, but he won't sell it. He doesn't even ride the thing, ever.

Back