Wanna Sixpack?

I'm sorry, I have to comment here. I am 61 years old and have owned a highly modified 1980 Yamaha XS-11(1200cc/nitrous), and 2 Suzuki GS1000's. I was racing in the Malibu mountains before most were born. The fact is....the Honda CBX, the Yam XS 11 and the Suz GS1000 were all formidible motorcycles and the CBX was and still is an engineering marvel. I will never stand by and listen to superficial one liners that are inaccurate. Long live the mighty CBX. Wickipedia is flat stupid and wrong on this one. Raydog
and there has never been anything that sounded like the CBX on the pipe.. I was riding 750/900/1100F bikes when the CBX came out.. just never got one but I bet I own one some day.. Have always like the stand out quality of that bike.. (not a fan at all of the one with bags etc)

You'd like the 79s and 80s then, all nekkid and faaaaast!
3f80e875.jpg

241aa641.jpg

573000f9.jpg

"So even back then, Honda was eating Suzuki's dust."

Not in 1979. The CBX was the first motorcycle to have over 100 horsepower and beat every bike in quarter mile times, (low to mid 11s).
too bad the rods didn't like staying in the motor
:banghead:

I liked the 79's but I ended up and still have an 82

I loved them and these customs are :cheerleader: , but as I remember, they were :madfire: on keeping the carbs synchronized :sneaky2:

Aww, doesn't anyone love the Kawasaki Z1300....would love to have a nice sorted one....
yea like they love an ugly stepchild.. had the lines of a box of crackers.. Honda was killing everyone with design at the time..

I'm sorry, I have to comment here. I am 61 years old and have owned a highly modified 1980 Yamaha XS-11(1200cc/nitrous), and 2 Suzuki GS1000's. I was racing in the Malibu mountains before most were born. The fact is....the Honda CBX, the Yam XS 11 and the Suz GS1000 were all formidible motorcycles and the CBX was and still is an engineering marvel. I will never stand by and listen to superficial one liners that are inaccurate. Long live the mighty CBX. Wickipedia is flat stupid and wrong on this one. Raydog

+1 :thumbsup:

I had a 1980 silver CBX. What a great bike, except that the front end would shake over 110mph. That bike was so very smooth. Had Kerker exhaust, air fork caps re-jetted carbs, Barnett clutch. Was relatively easy to work on, and I enjoyed having a center stand.
I gave it to my friend after moving to South Florida. He had it stolen shortly afterward. I would love to have it back. This was 25 years ago. I hadn't ridden in 25 years (I'm 55 y/o). But my recently aquired '09 white Busa eases the pain.

mike

I was racing an '81 Honda CB750F back in the early 80's, and there was this guy on a stripped down '79 CBX with a 6 into 1 Kerker exhaust. I ate him up in the corners, but when we hit the straight away, it put out the sweetest sound as it pulled away from me. :thumbsup:

Back