What do you think about my new exhaust?

I paid 800 for my two brothers when the Gen 11 first came out. It's an easy install so I would go some where else.

With a Brocks you have to install a power commander or have the ECU edited on tuned on a dyno so add another 300+ bucks to that price and installation time.

When trying to decide on exhaust I went with the Akrapovic 4-2-1 Full Race Exhaust no need for a power commander, I can say I don't run a power commander or have I edited my ECU.. My bike is smooth through out the RPM range and pulls hard all the way up from 1500 to redline..
Also with the Brocks there have been complaints with the weld quality and from what I have seen physically on Brocks exhaust there is no quality compared to an Akrapovic..
Here is the numbers posted on the Akrapovic website..

" The system provides a linear increase throughout the entire range, and the greatest increase is at the very top of the range. We measured 188.8 HP at 10370 rpm on the rear wheel. The max. increased power is 12.1 HP at 10370 rpm.

Once again... no power commander.. slap it on and go!

Lankeeyankee, I have a question for you. I have seen you comment several times about slapping on an exhaust with no tuning. Have you ever had your bike on the dyno or ran some sort of sniffer to know it doesn't need tuning, is rich or lean or are you guessing?

With a Brocks you have to install a power commander or have the ECU edited on tuned on a dyno so add another 300+ bucks to that price and installation time.

When trying to decide on exhaust I went with the Akrapovic 4-2-1 Full Race Exhaust no need for a power commander, I can say I don't run a power commander or have I edited my ECU.. My bike is smooth through out the RPM range and pulls hard all the way up from 1500 to redline..
Also with the Brocks there have been complaints with the weld quality and from what I have seen physically on Brocks exhaust there is no quality compared to an Akrapovic..
Here is the numbers posted on the Akrapovic website..

" The system provides a linear increase throughout the entire range, and the greatest increase is at the very top of the range. We measured 188.8 HP at 10370 rpm on the rear wheel. The max. increased power is 12.1 HP at 10370 rpm.

Once again... no power commander.. slap it on and go!

did u get your exhaust from indysperbikes? they have the lowest price i have found so far and thought i read a post say that where you got yours at. aslo did u do the pair valve mod and what did you do with the oxygen sensor?

I have the same pipes and they sound amazing and super light. But now i feel i should have gone for a full system right from the start. I suggest hold on to the purchase and soon you ll find a system listed in the classified here. And if no , you already have the money to pick up any good full system right off the shelf.

Lankeeyankee, I have a question for you. I have seen you comment several times about slapping on an exhaust with no tuning. Have you ever had your bike on the dyno or ran some sort of sniffer to know it doesn't need tuning, is rich or lean or are you guessing?

No, I have not been on a dyno. Rich = bogs, Lean goes flat. I have neither. My gas mileage is the same as it was with the OEM, The only difference I noticed from the OEM exhaust to the Akrapovic was an average of 3 MPH increase in the 1/8 mile.
I am old school. pulled the plugs they are perfect, run my finger on the inside of the pipe light brown.. Runs smooth, gas mileage good, picked up MPH (which equals HP) in the 1/8.

did u get your exhaust from indysperbikes? they have the lowest price i have found so far and thought i read a post say that where you got yours at. aslo did u do the pair valve mod and what did you do with the oxygen sensor?

No its actually a long story... Exhaust was from an insurance claim.
I tried the marble mod to get rid of the popping under hard deaccleration which it did. By the seat of the pants it felt like it lost some power, I cant verify this it was just a seat of the pants thing, and I dont mind the popping under hard deaccleration so I removed the marble and put it back to stock.
What did I do with the oxygen sensor?? It screws in the welded bung on the collector of the Akrapovic exhaust just as the stock one does.

No, I have not been on a dyno. Rich = bogs, Lean goes flat. I have neither. My gas mileage is the same as it was with the OEM, The only difference I noticed from the OEM exhaust to the Akrapovic was an average of 3 MPH increase in the 1/8 mile.
I am old school. pulled the plugs they are perfect, run my finger on the inside of the pipe light brown.. Runs smooth, gas mileage good, picked up MPH (which equals HP) in the 1/8.

Bog and flat are alwways the case for rich or lean is why I asked the question. I bet there is a lot of power left off the table for sure. Wiping the tail pipe or pulling the plugs aren't the tell all as lean and rich spots can counter each other to make you think its fine. It's your bike and you can do as you like. I just would hope folks know you don't just throw full system on and go off seat of the pants feel. I have seen the internals from one of those setups over time, not a good look. I wish you were.close I would show you on the dyno, what I mean.

The decel pop has a reason for appearing, and its not from exhaust leak. The Harley guys love it but its not good for your engine.

all of the above, but mainly the sound, i love the sound of the two bros on the busa. fell in love with it when i heard it, but im open to any suggestions
i checked the two bros website and they are selling the system for 1009.98$ lol where can i find it cheaper?i'll install it myself

i posted the link up above for $607 us

Check some of our sponsors. 1100 is really spendy i agree. Those are real nice cans too. haha

Bog and flat are alwways the case for rich or lean is why I asked the question. I bet there is a lot of power left off the table for sure. Wiping the tail pipe or pulling the plugs aren't the tell all as lean and rich spots can counter each other to make you think its fine. It's your bike and you can do as you like. I just would hope folks know you don't just throw full system on and go off seat of the pants feel. I have seen the internals from one of those setups over time, not a good look. I wish you were.close I would show you on the dyno, what I mean.

The decel pop has a reason for appearing, and its not from exhaust leak. The Harley guys love it but its not good for your engine.

Thanks for your input. Akrapovic is the ONLY exhaust system that advertises no fuel alternation are needed with there exhaust. I believe they know what they are talking about to make that statement. Akrapovic is a well known manufacture which also puts a lot of R&D into there products. Are you familiar with the exhaust system that we are talking about, or just making speculation from your past experiences with aftermarket motorcycle exhaust systems?
On there website this is what is quoted " The exhaust systems are designed to function properly using the stock carburetor or electronic fuel injection set-ups. This means that no changes to the stock set-ups are necessary in order to use Akrapovič exhaust systems. Also, all of the performance specifications which we measure and list for each exhaust system model are based on stock set-ups. We assume full responsibility for the accuracy of these specifications. However, we also believe that it is possible to improve the original set-ups when our exhaust systems are used.
We guarantee only the accuracy of the performance characteristics given for Akrapovič exhaust systems, which are based on the motorcycles’ stock engine set-ups, and which are officially issued by the Akrapovič company.
"We should also mention the relation between the exhaust system and the engine settings (electronics, ignition, injection, carburetors). The Bolt-On, Slip-On, Sport Production, Racing, Evolution and Street Legal lines are designed to function properly using the stock carburetor or electronic fuel injection settings. This means that no changes to the stock settings are necessary in order to use Akrapovic exhaust systems. Also, all of the performance specifications which we measure and list for each exhaust system model are based on stock settings. We assume full responsibility for the accuracy of these specifications. However, we also believe that it is possible to improve the original settings when our exhaust systems are used."

Would you make this statement about your product with risk of damaging internal engine components and lawsuits? I wouldnt!

If your going to make comments about a product please be familiar with them to keep the confusion to a minimum.

I never make assumptions or i wouldn't speak on it. I'll stand here in my office and say that statement is BS. This isn't about a pissing match but real truth, not some sales pitch.

NOONE can say their system works off 100% stock settings on every bike and here's why. This is from experience not assumptions. No two bikes have the same head flow characteristics, no two bikes operate in the same air/ weather conditions, no four injectors are the same in every bike, no bike has the same valving operating specs, and no two injection systems flow or act the same. So how can they tell you your a/f is the same from their testing bike to yours?
I know this cause i just sold a Akra system and know what i saw and what had to be done to the fueling. this is real testing not some simulated in a chamber setup. If this was the case there would be no need for power commanders or ecu tuning. their systems are great but don't believe the hype.

Here's one for you,so a Akra system at sea level and a akra system at 5k feet will run the same, not need any tuning, have same a/f and make the same power bolted on the same year make and model bike setup the same, according to their statement you posted?

That question is not an assumption or belief but a real question... The answer you give will tell us whether any of their systems can be bolted on in china and america and we get the same results worldwide. I love being on this site but people should know the truth and not just go off someones assumptions. I would like to see some other tuners thoughts on this , cause it can help those that don't know the truth about tuning and the hype companies create..

Thanks for your input. Akrapovic is the ONLY exhaust system that advertises no fuel alternation are needed with there exhaust. I believe they know what they are talking about to make that statement. Akrapovic is a well known manufacture which also puts a lot of R&D into there products. Are you familiar with the exhaust system that we are talking about, or just making speculation from your past experiences with aftermarket motorcycle exhaust systems?
On there website this is what is quoted " The exhaust systems are designed to function properly using the stock carburetor or electronic fuel injection set-ups. This means that no changes to the stock set-ups are necessary in order to use Akrapovič exhaust systems. Also, all of the performance specifications which we measure and list for each exhaust system model are based on stock set-ups. We assume full responsibility for the accuracy of these specifications. However, we also believe that it is possible to improve the original set-ups when our exhaust systems are used.
We guarantee only the accuracy of the performance characteristics given for Akrapovič exhaust systems, which are based on the motorcycles’ stock engine set-ups, and which are officially issued by the Akrapovič company.
"We should also mention the relation between the exhaust system and the engine settings (electronics, ignition, injection, carburetors). The Bolt-On, Slip-On, Sport Production, Racing, Evolution and Street Legal lines are designed to function properly using the stock carburetor or electronic fuel injection settings. This means that no changes to the stock settings are necessary in order to use Akrapovic exhaust systems. Also, all of the performance specifications which we measure and list for each exhaust system model are based on stock settings. We assume full responsibility for the accuracy of these specifications. However, we also believe that it is possible to improve the original settings when our exhaust systems are used."

Would you make this statement about your product with risk of damaging internal engine components and lawsuits? I wouldnt!

If your going to make comments about a product please be familiar with them to keep the confusion to a minimum.

Guys I've checked some different places some of you have suggested, the best I could find is 800$ before shipping, now some of you are saying Brock is the way to go, enlighten me why, I've never heard a Brock exhaust tip in person but they aren't the best looking pipes IMO looks weird on a busa.
Also might be considering a full exhaust system instead of the slip ons, checked the two bros website and it's about 1100 although there's only one pipe? Why isn't it duel.

Guys I've checked some different places some of you have suggested, the best I could find is 800$ before shipping, now some of you are saying Brock is the way to go, enlighten me why, I've never heard a Brock exhaust tip in person but they aren't the best looking pipes IMO looks weird on a busa.
Also might be considering a full exhaust system instead of the slip ons, checked the two bros website and it's about 1100 although there's only one pipe? Why isn't it duel.

I switched to a 4-2-1 system when I upgraded. On a stock engine it will produce better power and results in a bigger weight loss. It also makes maintenance much easier. win-win-win. :thumbsup:

I switched to a 4-2-1 system when I upgraded. On a stock engine it will produce better power and results in a bigger weight loss. It also makes maintenance much easier. win-win-win. :thumbsup:
I agree...I thought I liked the dual look until I tried a lightweight 4-2-1, the weight diff was HUGE!!! Made my bike feel like a whole new machine. Plus the power gain was awesome as well :thumbsup: I now REALLY like the look of a 4-2-1 :laugh:
Honestly tho I think it does make the bike look smaller and sportier, is easier to work on the rear end, and is easier for my passengers.

well guys the time is come, im going tomorrow to the dealership to get everything sorted out to get my new bike:)
2012 black busa, will also get the pipes from the dealer too....considering everywhere else will be the same amount once added in shipping.
wish me luck guys!

Back