WHAT GEARING

Sice the 08 Busa is coming with (correct me if I'm Wrong ) 18/43 stock which is still quite close (2.38:1 vs 2.35:1) numerically to the 17/40 stock gearing. How come you never here about folks sticking an 18 tooth countershaft sprocket on our "old" Busa's? I would think that the bigger wheels at both ends would help chain life alot! You would most likely have to have an extra link or two in the chain but?
beerchug.gif

(Professor @ Jul. 18 2007,09:06) I run a 16/42 at the strip. I don't like it on the street but many do. I prefer crusing at lower rpms and bit tamer hit. I usually run a 17/42 or 17/40 on the street. Yes the 16/42 makes a big difference.  Try a 16/40 to get a feel for it. It is a cheap easy swap and it will give you an idea if you want more or not.
how do you like the 17/42 ?

sounds like the 16/42 is a wheelie machine ?
that would be fun, for a while, but not what I'm looking for.

See, that's why I ask YOU GUYS !!!!

Id be on some highway on my back !!!

17/42 sounds like the plan! I have stock gearing now 17/40. I ride ALL street use. No track, no top end, well sometimes if conditions are right
wink.gif

So how much does it cost Approximately for the gears? I can use stock chain I think for this change. As long as it is new etc..??
Thanks!!

Back