What would you do?

JCinTX

Registered
Im kinda in a bit of turmoil here folks and would like some input from y'all. After seeing the new 05 busa and finding out that little has changed i'm starting to think. Do I wanna go ahead and drop 10g's on a new 05 only to have them possibly revamp it in 06? Or, do I buy a used busa in the 7k range and be able to go 06 if they do something to change it. I know this has probably troubled a few of you in the past years between models so was hoping maybe for a little help in making up my mind.Then again who's to say they will ever change it?..lol. Anyways if you were in this situation what would you do?
Thanks,
JC

I hear there's going to be a factory turbo version in 2010. 300 lbs and 300HP...better wait for that one.

I can't believe it's 2004 and there are people already fretting over a freakin' 2006 model.

Go out and buy a new '04 model with a full warranty and enjoy it for what it is.

After thinking about this a little and reading torch's reply I realize it's silly to worry what they will do next year so I will go ahead with my plan and get an 05 now I just gotta pick the color.
Thanks,
JC

I hear there's going to be a factory turbo version in 2010.  300 lbs and 300HP...better wait for that one.

I can't believe it's 2004 and there are people already fretting over a freakin' 2006 model.

Go out and buy a new '04 model with a full warranty and enjoy it for what it is.
Exactly, no offense but if you keep this up you may never it. Who knows what tomorrow holds for us, I say get it today and bona appetit!

find a used cheap one (under 5k dollars so when you trade it in, you won't loose much ) and ride it for the year.
The only ones I've seen under 5000 are either wrecked or scams, where have you seen one under 5k?
rock.gif

Yeah, point me to a nice, less than $5G Busa, I'd like a spare
smile.gif
Just don't tell me I need to send the money to Nigeria!

The dealers should be letting the '04 models go for rock bottom about now.
The '05 models don't really have anything new to offer other than clear lenses. I'm not at all impressed with the '05 color schemes either. I love my '04 blue/silver and think the '02 is just as sweet looking. I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking with the '05 blue/silver...it looks like ass. I don't think they could have made it look any more out of proportion. The red/black looks ok, much more balanced.

there is a 2000 at the local dealership with a 1397 cheese motor for 7K
It might be gone it was there last week.
But waiting for an 06 is plain stupid!!!! all it will be in BNG yet again

find a used cheap one (under 5k dollars so when you trade it in, you won't loose much ) and ride it for the year.
The only ones I've seen under 5000 are either wrecked or scams, where have you seen one under 5k?
rock.gif
when i was looking for mine, i saw a few very high mileage "good condition" busa for around 5k, now w/ the drop in value as time passes by, bikes like the ones i saw could probably be bought for under 5k dollars now.  the high mileage wouldn't matter much in a bike that's going to be trade in after one year.  go to cycletraderonline.com, there's a few that seems legit w/ very low mileage i.e., 4k miles going for 6k dollars.  there are also a few scams in there just by looking at the email addresses and prices like the 03 that's selling for 400 bucks. i one i saw back in feb 04 was located in all different areas because i was just comparing prices. just look around i.e., internet, newspaper ads, bike shops, etc. i say there's a very good chance you can find a high mileage i.e., 40k miles plus for under 5k dollars.

<!--EDIT|willgetbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095308107 -->

The Busa's outrageously fast (as I'm finding out), incredibly smooth, handles like a dream, has V-8 torque, and is damn comfy for all that it gives you. Have you actually rode one yet JCinTexas? Its more bike than all but the most absolute power freaks will ever need. Don't worry about trying to impress the world with the latest and greatest....its a waste of time
wow.gif
Buy the bike you want NOW and enjoy riding the damn thing....you won't live forever...and in the end the ride will be what matters right?
wink.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

BTW I didn't read all the posts before I posted...my bad
blush.gif
good choice to pick one up now
wink.gif
I would suggest getting a new 2004 Blue/Silver or LE Red if you can find one....the 2005 colors seem kinda weak IMHO....and you should be able to drive a hard bargain with the 04's about now
wink.gif
Ride safe and ENJOY!

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: "Didn't read everything before I opened my big keyboard...lol"|1095322381 -->

wink.gif

wink.gif

Im kinda in a bit of turmoil here folks and would like some input from y'all. After seeing the new 05 busa and finding out that little has changed i'm starting to think. Do I wanna go ahead and drop 10g's on a new 05 only to have them possibly revamp it in 06? Or, do I buy a used busa in the 7k range and be able to go 06 if they do something to change it. I know this has probably troubled a few of you in the past years between models so was hoping maybe for a little help in making up my mind.Then again who's to say they will ever change it?..lol. Anyways if you were in this situation what would you do?
Thanks,
JC
If you buy an 05' and try to trade next year (if Suz does anything besides adding a friggin Kanji on the hump) you're going to be belly up on your trade. That is unless you do some serious humping on your payment. I say get yourself a used 99' to 04' (unrestricted) that way the value has already been lost, so you'll come out much better on the trade in 06' (if there is more than the kanji on the hump change). Honestly it's more than a year from now man, but I still say go for the older depreciated model. My 02.

BD

I would go for the '05 and not worry about it. Don't try to keep up with the Jones' because you will always lose. If they come out with something extremely nice for '06 someone will find a way to make it fit previous years if Suzuki doesn't. Get the bike now and enjoy the ridin'!

i agree with bigbusa just get what u want say they drop 20 lbs in 06 just slap an exhaust and be on your way or if they get a new paint scheme, take it to the shop and paint it. What ever happend to loyalty with a vehicle? Like the 60 year old that just wont get rid of the 69 camaro ss. Yeah theres faster crap out but its about first loves and attachments that you have made.

Thanks,
JC
I'd buy a new '04 for the following:

- The busa is a pride machine and new is better. No scratches or dings that aren't yours. Plus, you know the matenance.

- The busa hasn't changed significantly since it's inception and there are no indications that Suzuki has got any plans for it. Think about it, they have put virtually nothing into the '05's.

- If there's a major change in '06 such as a new motor, you're gonna want to wait a year and let all the bugs crowl out on someone elses dollar. Could have all kinds of issues such as early wear to clutches, cams, etc. Or valve issues. I got a state of the art model once and I'll never do it again.

I would go for the '05 and not worry about it.  Don't try to keep up with the Jones' because you will always lose.  If they come out with something extremely nice for '06 someone will find a way to make it fit previous years if Suzuki doesn't.  Get the bike now and enjoy the ridin'!
What BigBS said...

um... get an 04 or an 05. poop you can even find a 03 left over for about $9k.

But...uh... could I see some pics of the 05? Im just curious! Oh yeah my 04 red came in!

37424207237_468.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your input as I stated earlier I am gonna go ahead with the plan and buy new prolly 05 model unless there are any 04's left in june 2005. I kinda hafta wait until then as I promised my wife i'd wait so we could do all of our home improvements before I get the bike and then suddenly for some strange reason have no time for "honey-do" chores. I'm sure most of you know what I mean there.Anyways, big red or someone asked if I had the opportunity to ride a busa and sadly the answer is no. I am so looking forward to that first time I throw a leg over that sweet rocket that will be all mine. That's really the only way to ride anyway IMHO on your own personal bike. Anyways, thanks again folks for all the input.
JC

Back