What would you do?

Bob,
I like the 12,But the way your Busa sits right now I'm sure it is Faster and propably quicker,
Keep the Busa, Get a gixxer 750, I agree with Buffalo on this the FI on the 750 is great. It also handles like it is on rails. It is a true out of the crate racer. Matt Mladin seems to due ok against the bigger bikes with a 750. I know you will like it, just do it.
Turtle

Are there any down-sides to adding
steering dampers? Why are they not seen
more often as orig. equipt. on new bikes?
thanks

Bob,
I'm sort of in the same quandry
but have decided to put $ down
on the 929. I'm gettin older[49]
and things like comfort become more important
The R1 is clearly awesome but many folks
complain about riding it on the street
for more than a few miles.Honda has a great
reputation for making very fast bikes that
are user friendly. If your going to limit
your riding to very short scratching runs,
it probably doesn't matter, but otherwise
it might. I'm wondering what others think?
Also,how do folks think the ZX12R will compare in handling with the Busa?

I think the RR's are very comfortable. You sit IN 'em as much as on 'em. I also find the GSXR to be comfortable even though the pegs are slightly higher. Definitely not a stand on your head feel like the R1/916. I'm 47 and have been in several accidents and have subsequent problems with a too severe riding pos. But both the Suzuki and the Honda are great all day rides and soak up road imperfections very well without being boring to ride.

Keep the responses coming. Thanks
Couple things--My Busa is already Piped, remapped (PC2), air box mod.

HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP BUSA AND MODIFY further.
Dymags, maybe Yosh stage 1 cams soon as I hear some feed back on power from this cam set. Besides I already have the HIBUSA license plate. lol

Have decided on yellow/black for the color of the 929RR or GSXR750.
R1 is out becasue the dealer (friend) doesn't offer them. I can get the 929 or 750 under MSRP by approx $750. Plus, I am loyal to this dealer and friend.

I am 6' 4" 195 lbs. I like the the idea of the GSXR750. I am concerned that it will be a difficult fit for my size. If anyone has sat on the 929RR then the 750--Is there a big difference in fit? I have a rather long inseam (35"), which really sucks as far as motorcycling goes. I really envy you guys that are 5' 7"-5'10". The XX fit me much better than the Busa, but I am happy on the Busa for 250 miles at a time.
I am going to try to put a deposit down week of December 27 to cover both the 750 and 929RR, if they let me??
If I wait much into Jan. I may miss the 929RR opportunity until later into 2000. Very few 750 deposits and alot of 929RR, mostly on the yellow. This dealer will get 9. I do think the 750 will be more uncommon, which also interests me.
I live in the Chicago area and St.Louis will have the International Motorcycle show on January 14-16 (4 hour drive).
Bob

Redelk, the Busa's rake and trail nos. are: 24.2/3.8. Fairly quick, but as you say the long WB and the damper keep things under control.

I think the R1 is more comfortable than its given credit for. I old and stiff but I found the R1 to be a pleasant 200-300 mile bike. It has lots of leg room and the additon of Heli bars made stop and go riding tolerable. The lack of anything that could be called a windscreen was the biggest pain on long rides. The stock R1 did have some strange handling quirks, but the addition of a steering damper cured most of them.

For me the Hayabusa is a better all round bike but the R1 is a pretty close second.

WOW, SlowHand! I didn't know the rake and trail were that low! Those are some pretty impressive handlin' numbers!

Konrad, there can be a few MINOR downsides to a damper. If it's cranked up (providing it's adjustable) for some twisties, it can make parking lot manuvers a little tough. Since busas come with a damper, maybe you guys could answer a few questions for me.

One, is it adjustable (if so, how many positions)?

Two, I prefer a lower setting at legal speeds on the interstates (if I MUST travel on one) and while "in town". Then I crank it up on the twisties or sub-hyper speeds (after all, it's just a 7R). What is ya'll preference and why?

I'm using an M Toby 25-way and have really liked it at any speed or type of road.

[This message has been edited by redelk (edited 20 December 1999).]

Back