What's everyone doin' MPG wise ? I think I have an' issue ?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I'm thinking I must have a fuel leak.
@hayabuser did the math, liters used/kilometers ridden converted to MPG.
I get a whopping 23.151 MILES PER GALLON.

Fuel leak...

What are you guys getting?
Rubb.

Well you .....#*%^$ :D
18KM=11.18MILES divided by 0.264172 (1liter=0.264172Gallons) =
42.320912133 MPG
42 miles per gallon you lazy bastid.
Which is very near dead on average.
Yer bike is running well. :thumbsup:
Rubb.
Ok, I made ya work for that !!!
But you’re right, my bike is running well, the plugs are all the same colour, pretty much spot on colouring, and the compressions are all within 5% of each other and average is 210psi per cylinder.
The ol’ girl had 130,000kms on original motor, never had the head off, has a K&N air filter and Akra full system running on stock OEM ECU. It’s a 1999 so can not be flashed.
If I cane it reasonably hard ( 200kmh plus) for a 15min period it drops to 15.6 km/l according to the OEM trip computer ON THE DASH. That’s using up to 9,000rpm in each gear ( I never go to red line)
I had it dynoed and it read 165rwhp.
Remember that the more power you USE, the more fuel you suck.
I suspect you actually use the power on a regular basis being the mad Bastardos that you are me ol mate.
So the lack of fuel economy you are experiencing is probably within the ballpark.
:moon::D

Consistently around 48mpg. With summer gasoline which has a lower RVP and no ethanol she jumps up to around 52mpg.

With low fuel consumption I would be concerned about combustion inefficiency causing carbon deposits. That is a vicious circle, as the deposits increase, the combustion efficiency decreases further, meaning more carbon deposits, until it gets to the stage where deposits form in piston ring areas. Loss of performance and eventually engine failure.

The key is keeping injectors clean and making sure that any modifications, even a pipe, maintains combustion efficiency.

Ok, I made ya work for that !!!
But you’re right, my bike is running well, the plugs are all the same colour, pretty much spot on colouring, and the compressions are all within 5% of each other and average is 210psi per cylinder.
The ol’ girl had 130,000kms on original motor, never had the head off, has a K&N air filter and Akra full system running on stock OEM ECU. It’s a 1999 so can not be flashed.
If I cane it reasonably hard ( 200kmh plus) for a 15min period it drops to 15.6 km/l according to the OEM trip computer ON THE DASH. That’s using up to 9,000rpm in each gear ( I never go to red line)
I had it dynoed and it read 165rwhp.
Remember that the more power you USE, the more fuel you suck.
I suspect you actually use the power on a regular basis being the mad Bastardos that you are me ol mate.
So the lack of fuel economy you are experiencing is probably within the ballpark.
:moon::D
So what your saying is your bikes better than my bike...

Well Mr. Kiwi Fruit...I'll have you know my bike will pass everything around here...'cept a fuggin gas station.

Oh sorry...petrol station. :p
Rubb.

So what your saying is your bikes better than my bike...View attachment 1622605
Well Mr. Kiwi Fruit...I'll have you know my bike will pass everything around here...'cept a fuggin gas station. View attachment 1622606
Oh sorry...petrol station. :p
Rubb.
Hey!! I’ll be Skyping you for a full blown argument about whose got the best Busa if you don’t watch it ya bald headed Canadian snow shoe !!!!!!
:moon::moon::poke::poke::poke:
JK mate, love you long time haha!

Consistently around 48mpg. With summer gasoline which has a lower RVP and no ethanol she jumps up to around 52mpg.

With low fuel consumption I would be concerned about combustion inefficiency causing carbon deposits. That is a vicious circle, as the deposits increase, the combustion efficiency decreases further, meaning more carbon deposits, until it gets to the stage where deposits form in piston ring areas. Loss of performance and eventually engine failure.

The key is keeping injectors clean and making sure that any modifications, even a pipe, maintains combustion efficiency.
So...Mr. "jelly on the rug" Chemistry Professor gets 52MPG and according to him my motor faces eminent death. Well,I guess its "sweet dreams" for Ol' Rubb tonight. Sure glad I didn't tell him about all the bacon I've been eating lately. "Well Rubb,as your friend and amatuer cardiologist, I give you about 8 minutes to live."
Thanks jelly. (actually Bro,you are pretty smart) :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Hey!! I’ll be Skyping you for a full blown argument about whose got the best Busa if you don’t watch it ya bald headed Canadian snow shoe !!!!!!
:moon::moon::poke::poke::poke:
JK mate, love you long time haha!
"Snow shoe" ....:laugh:....:bowdown:
Ahhh ya mate, about the Skype thing...ya,mines ahhh.... broken. :p
RubberSidedSnowBoots.

The biggest issue you have with your bike is the 'right hand syndrome.' That and you probably use it around town more than out on a hiway..nothing gets good mileage around town.

52 plus 19/42 gearing touring .
45 to 47 18/43 gearing touring
12 mpg wide open for 29 miles just over 2 gallons burned . Speeds were 170 to 195 mph gps .
That was a eye opener as you could see the fuel gauge lowering every mile from full to half .

If you are doing any investigation then keep in mind items unrelated to fuel delivery but which could significantly reduce mileage such as binding calipers or a thermostat stuck partially open. I imagine that you are meticulous with the bike, which would point back to "right hand syndrome" as @Bumblebee suggested.

Back