when lowering the busa...

when lowering the busa... - back only or both ( front & rear)

• 1.  when lowering my busa I dropped the rear only

Votes: 53 100.0%
  • 2.  when lowering the busa I dropped both front & rear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

birdaprey

Registered
just wondering how may have only dropped the rear  when lowering their busa..

and is it "funny" looking or not...  is to low in the rear or will it be a "more" even look (level)
          rock.gif

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110744827 -->

I dropped the rear only (1") because I wanted to get the pressure off of my wrists and forearms, it worked. When riding it short distances it may have been ok, but I almost always ride at least 2-3 hundred miles on a Saturday or Sunday.

I only lowered the rear...I have a strap on the front for the track...Down side of lowering front and rear are speed bumps...I wanted to maintain a bit of clearance...Lowering the rear only does not give the bike the appearance of being lower in the rear than in the front...To be it leveled the bike out...When I go to the track I use the strap to lower the front and release the strap when on the street... evil.gif

Just the rear with heli-bars and Buell pegs makes the perfect position for this old guy body. smile.gif

I would seem fstbusa and I are the only ones who have done both ends...I did both ends as to not slow down the steering and also because I could after I moved my handlebars.....

Im thinking of raising the rear by an inch or so... to make the busa more nimble in the twisties! Ordered some stuff from scnitz to do it smile.gif

I went both, but you want plus one in the rear for handling from what I hear.

when were talking lowering the front its not like 4&quot; or something.

mine is 2&quot; lower in the rear and like 3/4 to 1&quot; in front. Hardly noticeable.

stupid site won't upload my pic.... guess I will try later.

This brings up a question for me. I'm not trying to jack the thread, BUT I'm putting on a 4&quot; extended swingarm and bought the Soupy lowering links. I think they only lower the rear 1&quot;. Is that enough with the extended arm?

/thread jack

Hey-

There are 3 choices of busa links that I offer.

0-4&quot; lowering
2-6&quot; lowering
+1&quot; to -1&quot; raising links

I've heard that raising the rear one helps the handling and I've read a suspension tune thread where the guys rear was lowered to improve handling. I dunno

for better handling in the twisties, 1 inch up in the rear and 5mm down in the front is the ticket! lowering the rear decreases ground clearance and overall takes away from the turning ability of the bike.

I lowered the front 1 1/2&quot; and use a strap to slam it at the track. For the rear I use Soupy's adjustable (turnbuckle style) links. I normally ride 1 inch lowered and race at 3&quot; down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back