Who is Faster on the Track?

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
On any given race course, who is faster. F1, Indy car, Moto GP bike?

i give up. which one?
tounge.gif

F1's will rule anywhere except Indy . They are pretty frickin mean cars . I have forgotten some stats I read about the Honda from several years back .

Something like 0-120 and back down to zero in 9 seconds . Don't quote me on that as it's been awhile .

Indy cars rule Indy though .

Back in the 80's I had the pleasure of being invited to come to a private test session of two Indy cars @ the Hallet Motor Circuit . They were cutting laps of well under 1 minute even though they were not set-up for racing there . It was a motor tune session only . The mechanical noises they make is just incredibly sweet .

A 1:22 lap there on a AMA Superbike is flying at a pretty good clip and it's such a short track I'd guess a MotoGP bike to run 2-3 seconds quicker , depending .

F1
Indy
GP bike
If F1 cars were set up to run the oval at Indianapolis, they would run Indy cars into the ground there too......

With the amount of downforce those cars have, they barely need to slow down for corners. No bike can touch them.

However we can take our machines out on public roads and pretty much anywhere else we want.

I remember reading a few years ago that the Cart cars would be the fastest. Their rationale was based on the fact that CART engines made more horsepower and their rear wings were larger thereby creating more downforce. As we know, each course will benefit different combinations. I am a big fan of F1 racing. It's the best. And they make right turns.

F1
Moto GP
Indy

....The Moto GP bikes run pretty close to the F1 times on the track!! Some one correct me if im wrong!

it depends what circuit you are comparing them against.
I would think that some curves are in favor for the bikes since the bike can take it in a more straightline fashion than the F1 which is wide and needs to turn more to get thru.
If anyone understand what I'm trying to say.

GP vs F1 at Suzuka

as you can see, the F1 kills the Gp everwhere

<!--EDIT|1127 TO 1299
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124716288 -->

More car vs bike except using Laguna as example .

Laguna has been modded three times . In 1996 while under the current configuration " 2.238 mile track " Helio Castroneves ran a 1:07.722 lap in a GT car .

July 2005 Ben Bostrom set the AMA Superbike lap record at Laguna at 1:24.906 riding the Ducati .

An F1 car will smoke a GT car . Because of the rules a current F1 car has better braking systems , makes 250 HP more than an Indy car and weighs 95kg's less . The Indy cars are boost limited and more

Courtesy of Google

The cars have 4 wide tires plus wings to generate downforce that makes them faster thru the corners than GP bikes. Bikes may be light, but only have a small contact patch.

F1
Moto GP
Indy

....The Moto GP bikes run pretty close to the F1 times on the track!! Some one correct me if im wrong!
Your WRong
smile.gif
F1 is about 30 seconds a lap or so faster than Moto GP. Yup 30 seconds!....

Check out the stats at some of the common European courses.

F1 cars are the fastest way around a twisty in autoracing....

F1
Indy
GP bike
If F1 cars were set up to run the oval at Indianapolis, they would run Indy cars into the ground there too......
bump.gif

The formula 1 cars are pretty much unreal, the things that they can do at speed is just awesome!
This is 100% correct, the F1 are something out of this world, once you see them in person you'll understand. Same with Indy, they too are very fast much faster than Moto GP.
Take Laguna for example, the lap times of an F1 would allow them to lap any of the Moto GP bikes in a short amount of times.
From experience if you think Moto GP bikes are loud, boy you have not heard anything tell you hear an F1, if you want to keep your hearing you have to wear earplugs. When they are racing you feel the wind, taste rubber in the air and hear them from miles away.
Both the Indy and F1 create so much ground force, which just basically sucks the car onto the ground and allows them to corner at speeds which the bikes will never do.

Try this one on, an F1 can go 0-100 and back to 0 in under 9 seconds.

Back