Who’s going to be the first to re-tail their Gen 3

SS4Luck

Registered
Like the title says, who’s gonna try it? I like the way the stock rear looks, but with the the maxxecu/stock dash progress that greg is making having it look like safe/reliable turbo stuff is in our future I’d be lying if I said i don’t want to go 3-5” longer on my arm to not eat the taillight but also not have to lift the ride height.

I know there have been GSXR1K tail swaps made by a few companies. This S1K tail on Broly looks clean af too

3AE2CE9D-E8E8-49BE-8869-75D55FD166EF.jpeg

Can't complain about the tail on the gen3 "with bubble", although I do like the gsxr1000 k5 & k6 swaps on the Busa.

Can't complain about the tail on the gen3 "with bubble", although I do like the gsxr1000 k5 & k6 swaps on the Busa.
Yeah I like my bike now with the 3” strat h. But I’d like to go a bit more than 61” wheel base when I go turbo, but it’s looking like the tire will be exactly under the tail light and that won’t work

This is beautiful. I think a 1k tail looks okay but feel like a busa tail looks better.

@Busa3Fan how much over is this, what seat pan is that, and what length arm? I feel like the kid asking about the vans gas mileage in home alone. :laugh:

IOneMoto has a +21 tail and a stock length tail for the Gen 3 now.
This is not my bike. :)

The picture was saved from Facebook 1-2 months ago.

I asked the guy who selling the bike almost the same questions but he haven’t answered.

Nice. I bet he used the iOneMoto Gen 2 seat pan and wrapped it in leather for comfort which is a great idea. That picture makes me want a longer tail like that.

Thanks @SS4Luck now you’re making me want to spend more money. If I go with an 8” over arm it sounds like I’d need a longer tail, is that right?

They have a +18” tail for the Gen 3 here.

Last edited:
Yeah I like my bike now with the 3” strat h. But I’d like to go a bit more than 61” wheel base when I go turbo, but it’s looking like the tire will be exactly under the tail light and that won’t work
Oh ya stretching nearly requires it once you go to a certain point of length.

Nice. I bet he used the iOneMoto Gen 2 seat pan and wrapped it in leather for comfort which is a great idea. That picture makes me want a longer tail like that.

Thanks @SS4Luck now you’re making me want to spend more money. If I go with an 8” over arm it sounds like I’d need a longer tail, is that right?

They have a +18” tail for the Gen 3 here.
My 0-4, at full length, is behind the well and directly under the flat part of the tail. 4-10 maybe even 12 seems like it would need someone if it also wants to be slammed

That looks amazing, but it screams track bike. I’m more thinking a liter bike tail like has been done in the past.

This is the 2018 gsxr1000R, which is same tail through 2023, and I put a Hotbodies Undertail with a custom tag bracket on.
As you can see, it looks like most year gsxr tail sections, and very similiar to the drag bike pictured above.
There is just enough room under the passenger seat for the registration too, lol.
Maybe a different brand can be made to work instead.

Screenshot_20220218-112713_Gallery.jpg

20220122_163818.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-112730_Gallery.jpg

20220122_163752.jpg

Screenshot_20221212-092231_Gallery.jpg

This is the 2018 gsxr1000R, which is same tail through 2023, and I put a Hotbodies Undertail with a custom tag bracket on.
As you can see, it looks like most year gsxr tail sections, and very similiar to the drag bike pictured above.
There is just enough room under the passenger seat for the registration too, lol.

View attachment 1658628

View attachment 1658629

View attachment 1658630

View attachment 1658631

View attachment 1658632
Now that’s what I call a sexy ass:drool:

View attachment 1658628

View attachment 1658629

View attachment 1658630

View attachment 1658631

View attachment 1658632
I’d rock the good time out of that tail on my Gen 3 lol

So I’m just going to bring this back to the top because my new swingarm at 63” wheelbase is dangerously flirting with ripping poop off the back of my bike.

Rowdy put a Gen 3 front end on a Gen 2, and kept the rear stock. And it really has me leaning toward a DME aluminum subframe with a Montgomery carbon tail and just being done with it. I like the body lines a lot, and it’ll fit without me having to worry about breaking things.

AF2F2AE4-18A6-4C7A-9DEC-FB9532F42606.png

Do you want an extended tail? iOne Moto has a Gen 3 one.
I’m mostly bored asking stupid questions if I’m 100% honest lol

I don’t like extended tails on the street regardless of year. Catalyst has a Gen 2 +4 that doesn’t look overly stretched out. If I can the bike dialed in and am hitting the tail I’ll address it then most likely.

Nice and that’s cool man. I’m certainly here to talk about bikes lol.

I got a shock travel sensor and am curious to see what the shock is really doing.

Back