Why I'm selling the bike.

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Everyone says there sorry that I have to sell the scooter. Actually if I sell it, its a good thing. Heres the situation....

They are getting ready to open up a brand new Maximum Security facility in my area. To get ready for the opening, they have to hire 12 Lieutenants to fill out the command staff for 500+ correctional officers. Now, I have been a correctional officer for the past 12 years and usually couldn’t sniff at a position like this with that little of seniority. BUT the state has implemented a new test that you have to pass to even put in for any lieutenant position. It’s a biotch and not very many people have passed it, I have. I have been attending any additional training I can for the past few years to help fill out my portfolio. I am a member of the state wide tactical unit, a range master/trainer, a chemical agent and hazardous materials trainer and got my two-year degree in college (I know, not much but it helps). I am attempting to make the jump from officer to lieutenant without being a sergeant first, that also makes it more of a long shot. In the next ten days or so, I will be going before a promotion board for an hour long grilling on situational assessment and job knowledge among other things. I will be competing with other officers and sergeants throughout the state, and they said they had a ton of applications. The bottom line is that me getting this promotion is a long shot considering I will be competing against guys with a lot more seniority and rank. Anyone working a union job knows seniority usually weighs too much into everything; all I can do is out point them in the interview and with my training and college points.

Now, what does this mean for me if I make it? (I’m not trying to get my hopes up but still preparing for it) Over the next 3 or 4 years my pay will go up about 20K a year. My responsibility on the job will grow immensely and I will be dealing with the baddest of the bad inmates from Illinois. I can deal with that. But why do I have to get rid of the bike? Well…..we are so short staffed right now at my current facility and have been working a ton of overtime to keep my head afloat during a battle with my ex over child support, I seem to lose every time I turn around. But that’s a whole other story. So if I get promoted, I will initially lose money without the overtime. My drive will go from 20 minutes to almost an hour. So if I sell the bike I can get rid of the bike and insurance payment along with another small loan I have to help offset the loss of wages. Hell I wont be riding the next 5-6 months anyway with winter coming. My child support will get cut almost in half at the end of June. Then I will be back on a busa, no question about it. So I’m am looking at being bikeless for about ½ a riding season to put my self in a position to secure my future and make about 75K a year. I think I’m making the right decision. Now the scooter needs to go! Anyone, Anyone!!

Oh yeah, Ill post up when I am going to the board, Ill need your thoughts and prayers!

:please:

Wow, you are busy guy, and I know exactly what you are dealing with. Good luck Chris with both your job and your legal issues. :thumbsup:

Good luck man... you gutta do what ya gutta do. just dont leave here... you have always been A1 in my book here Bro! :beerchug:

Good luck man... you gutta do what ya gutta do. just dont leave here... you have always been A1 in my book here Bro! :beerchug:

I aint going anywhere! Ive met too many great friends here with or with a bike for a little bit! I probably wont be at the bash as planned but plan to attend caps get together next fall with my new bike!

Looked in the for sale and didn't see it.............

Sounds like you have a plan......

You could have your ex busted for drugs and then, while in prison, you could screw with her for 8-10 years, can we say payback?

Ron

Looked in the for sale and didn't see it.............

Sounds like you have a plan......

You could have your ex busted for drugs and then, while in prison, you could screw with her for 8-10 years, can we say payback?

Ron

LOL, Hell I coulnt stand being around just her, I sure as hell wouldnt work in a womens prison with a bunch more drama!

Sounds like you have a Great Idea :thumbsup: . Some people forget that you can ALWAYS buy another Bike. Your Life and Career should come FIRST and you seem to have Both PRIORITIES in order.

Best to You on your Exam :rulez: and LET US KNOW and We'll PARTY WITH YA :cheerleader:

Sounds to me like you have an excellent plan in place. I don't blame you one bit! Good luck on your promotion and I hope you nail that job!! I always like to hear about people bettering themselves and making more money!! I just wish I could do the same!
Best wishes bro!! :beerchug:

Well I just heard from the board. Mine is set for Thursday at 8 am. I am 29 in seniority out of 76 trying for the promotion with only 12 spots open. Not good. Its a real long shot but I knew that going in. My day will come, but most likely not Thursday! LOL If anything, I get to have the experience of getting grilled by the board for the next time around.

Back