Why The Big Announcements?

Why the big announcements well it could be that after someone has drank about a 5th of jack daniels and they are sitting alone in the dark with a 45 pressed to their head and all the sudden it hits them that if they do it who is gonna help their momma when she gets drunk and falls between the tub and the toilet who is gonna pay child support for their kid that they might have overheard them say in the background "I dont want to see him on thanksgiveing or christmas either" , when they call to see if they can see their kid for a day. so when they are sitting there looking at a pile of bills they may never be able to pay off and there wife tells them that they are stupid to love a motorcycle and that they should sell it to pay bills maybe that person puts the gun down and writes a Big Announcement . hell what do i know its just a thought.
PM sent Race1

Why the big announcements well it could be that after someone has drank about a 5th of jack daniels and they are sitting alone in the dark with a 45 pressed to their head and all the sudden it hits them that if they do it             who is gonna help their momma when she gets drunk and falls between the tub and the toilet who is gonna pay child support for their kid that they might have overheard them say in the background "I dont want to see him on thanksgiveing  or christmas either" , when they call to see if they can see their kid  for a day. so when they are sitting there looking at a pile of bills they may never be able to pay off and there wife tells them that they are stupid to love a motorcycle and that they should sell it to pay bills maybe that person puts the gun down and writes a Big Announcement . hell what do i know its just a thought.
race1, I would tell that someone to find someone to talk to quick...and to not use a permanent solution for temporary problems. The Christmas season sometimes gets people down due to situations, financial or otherwise.

Have that someone drop me a line if there's no one else to talk to.

Why the big announcements well it could be that after someone has drank about a 5th of jack daniels and they are sitting alone in the dark with a 45 pressed to their head and all the sudden it hits them that if they do it             who is gonna help their momma when she gets drunk and falls between the tub and the toilet who is gonna pay child support for their kid that they might have overheard them say in the background "I dont want to see him on thanksgiveing  or christmas either" , when they call to see if they can see their kid  for a day. so when they are sitting there looking at a pile of bills they may never be able to pay off and there wife tells them that they are stupid to love a motorcycle and that they should sell it to pay bills maybe that person puts the gun down and writes a Big Announcement . hell what do i know its just a thought.
That's a whole other kind of big announcement.......
But not an entirely unfamiliar feeling to several members, I'm sure. You are not alone........

I went outside and had a cigarette, and did some thinking. I suppose that my original post could be considered harsh, I guess that's one of the shortcomings of the internet. In light of some PM's, and some of the replies to the thread, I think an apology is in order. If anyone was offended by my tone, I am truly sorry. I realize that some folks put more stock in friendships formed over the net than others, there's nothing wrong with that, and to criticize that was never my intention. Ya'll take it easy....

I went outside and had a cigarette, and did some thinking. I suppose that my original post could be considered harsh, I guess that's one of the shortcomings of the internet. In light of some PM's, and some of the replies to the thread, I think an apology is in order. If anyone was offended by my tone, I am truly sorry. I realize that some folks put more stock in friendships formed over the net than others, there's nothing wrong with that, and to criticize that was never my intention. Ya'll take it easy....
I already had tons of respect for you Mr. Brown......Good Man!  I think very highly of you for this apology and others will too.

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133752913 -->

hey bro your a good man no doubt. thanks

I think very highly of you .
drinka.gif

I'm glad you're back race1gun...and you know that's what we're all here for...support when you need it...
smile.gif

Hang in there...talk if you need to...glad to see you posting again!

+1. (on the origianl post) I hear the v-max board needs members....join the "first 50' club".

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133794919 -->

If anyone was offended by my tone, I am truly sorry.
I wasn't, and I don't think you need to apologize either.

Some people on this board are Way Too Sensitive.

Just because someone expresses an opinion doesn't mean anyone else has to like it, subscribe to it, or feel that their -different- opinion is any less valid.

This is a message board, not a therapy service. If it's become that important to some of you, put down your keyboards, go outside, and start relating to the real world.

Personally, I arrived at this board without fanfare and that's how I'll leave.

I came here to collect and offer information about the Hayabusa, not to discover the secret to Life, the Universe and Everything (42.)

If I have a few laughs along the way that's cool, but I don't expect to be adopted, converted, saved or realigned while I'm here.

So, DAB, how long have you resented your father for not taking you to the circus as a child?

I don't get it........I'm happy here, always have been. Maybe I'm just not sophisticated enough to get offended.
biggrin.gif

Gotta ask Mr. Brown, WHY THE HELL WORRY ABOUT IT?  WHY Waste the time to post about it???  If you don't feel like saying "Later" to someone who's leaving then DON'T, ignore it, just move along...

But creating a thread about it, makes no sense.  

"If you're leaving, just go........"  Who are you to tell folks how or when they can post?   Seriously. This isn't YOUR BOARD!  

Not trying to stir the pot but I find this offensive when you've not even been here a year and your going to tell fellow board members how they can and cannot say they are taking a break?  

A lot of folks post up that they aren't going to be around so those of us who consider them friends do not worry when suddenly they stop posting.  Ya know?  

So I'd say they post because they care...  Because they don't want people to worry...  In the past when folks who post often suddenly stopped it has been becuase of an accident or other problems...  They know this and are trying to avoid the endless stream of emails, and pm's wondering what happened...
REV, that is not at all what he was trying to say. He did not try to tell people when or where to post. He simply asked a logical question....one I have asked myself  a few times when I saw those threads. If you are leaving, why all the fan fair? The question makes a lot of sense, and yes, some of the answers also make a lot of sense, including yours. A lot of folks post up that they aren't going to be around so those of us who consider them friends do not worry when suddenly they stop posting.  
So I'd say they post because they care......and are trying to avoid the endless stream of emails, and pm's wondering what happened...[/QUOTE] But some people do a lot more than give a heads up that they are leaving or taking a break. They go into all this detail about what they don't like. I think that is who Mr. Brown was referring to. But others provided a reasonable explanation....that some people may not really want to leave, and others have a hard time verbalizing that they have a problem with something. In either case, I don't really understand the hostility towards Mr. Brown. He is entitled to ask a simple question. Heck, the question was not even directed toward anyone.

I thought it was a fair question, and some fair answers were given. But there may have been just a hint of hostility in your post, but not much.  

We all need ot lightren up.

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133838435 -->

Maybe they hope by voicing why they're leaving, the reason will get corrected. Just like when you complain about a bad waitress, poor customer service, etc.......you hope the situation will get resolved.

Back