Why the tensioners are failing

OB_Rocket Man

Registered
I am in the construction business. A civil engineer is a person that designs roads, airports, bridges and even septic systems. You know what they say, sh** atracts sh**, that is why the tensioner turned to sh**. What is a civil engineer doing designing cycle parts?

Yeah, by the way, in case anybody from Suzuki is reading, I'm just letting off a little steam. Nothing personal. Don't jump off a bridge or anything. Suzuki builds some pretty awesome bikes.

No problems with my tensioner but I've ordered a manual one anyway. Why worry. My warranty is out too. Two track days at the end of August. No desire to crash due to tensioner failure. I haven't seen anyone directly address the cause of the tensioner failure. Quality control problems with the springs? Other question is whether something else in the engine may be causing the tensioner to get hammered so much it fails. Maybe Suzuki knows, maybe not. It would be nice to know exactly what is going on. Also could be multiple factors.

Horse, your tensioner is bad because when the engineers designed it they were completely drunk and did the design on a napkin while writing with their wrong hand and belching incessantly.

This is the best tensioner Suzuki has ever designed. Unfortunately, it was designed for a 4 stroke 20 hp outboard motor and someone mixed up the parts bins.

The design department was a bit busy at Suzuki. So they assigned one guy to design 3 things: 1) the fuel filters; 2) the cam chain tensioner; 3) the rear subframe.
Considering he was a civil engineer he did a pretty good job.

The engineer designs bombs as a hobby. One day his personal life intruded into his work life. "Let's see. The most powerful engine in motorcycling. What would happen if the pistons met the valves which moving in the opposite direction... I seee...."

A good Honda engineer is better than the best Suzuki engineer.

Suzuki doesn't assign their best engineers to cam chain tensioner design.

No problems 'lantabusa. I'm being a bit caustic in my remarks so I don't mind someone else making similar comments.

Actually, us Canucks make a lot of jokes about ourselves, and my American friends like to help too.

How do Canadians spell Canada? C Eh? N Eh? D Eh?

Of course, go ahead and make fun of Brits all you want! They tend to take themselves far too seriously.

Aw brits are all right, much better than the french(who SUK) at least. NumbNuts has such a freaking thick accent that when I call him he has to repeat himself over and over cause I just don't understand!!! WOTSGONONLANTARIGHT RIGHT? Huh?

I met a Brit(close to Newcastle) girl in Spain when I was in the Navy, we "fell in love" and I went up there for 2 weeks during Christmas in '84. We were in a bar and a bunch of jordies heard me talking and fell all over me cause I was American, couldn't buy my own beer for the rest of the night. Funny part is, I understood NOTHING they were saying, so I asked Lisa, the girl I was seeing, she said " i don't bloody understand them either, you're on your own!"
So I just agreed with everything they said and had a great time. I love England, except it's so damn cold. Guess you know all about the cold part too huh?

BTW, I have believed in ghosts ever since I went there. I saw some spooky stuff. Try a Norman cathedral built in 1410...weird.

Most people don't know this, but there is a worldwide shortage of unique, quality, paperweights. Suzuki is doing their part increase supply with failed tensioners.

the little elves Suzuki hired to run around inside the Busa engine have formed a union and are practicing selective work stoppages until their wages are increased.

'Lanta.

You make me laugh!!

I dont have an accent. I speak (or try to) the Queen's English!!

A Norman cathedral 1410?? (I thought the Normans, coming in with King William, of Battle of Hastings fame, arrived in 1066 (well, that was the date of the battle.......)just a thought. You must remember, when King Harold got the arrow in the eye, and the Bayeaux tapestry depicts all the battle scenes?)

She should have taken you to Bath, Stuff there built at the time of the Romans......thats like, years ago!!

Nuts ;)

Back