Winshields

Bu$aDude

Registered
I own 3 windshields for the busa and I'm not nuts about either of them for long distance rides.
Stock- air hits just at neck level
Puig Double bubble- air and bugs hit dead center face mask
Zero Gravity Touring- air hits just above shield making a great deal of noise and shakes my head at high speeds.

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.laminarlip.com/busa.php

rock.gif

I can't recall who has one, but there is a member or two who run them and as I recall, rave about them....

Several folks use them for distance riding/touring. Seem to work well.

How tall are you, I have the zero gravity and have no problems sitting up tell around 130 or then its time to get down, your helmet design comes into play more so than the windscreen at high speeds. The larger the windscreen is the more the bike will tend to shake at high high speeds so be carefull.

Good info, I have never seen that MRA lip. By the way, I'm 6' even and I'm wearing a Shoei RF-1000. By far the best is the Zero Gravity touring, but I wish it deflected about 2" higher.

(Bu$aDude @ Dec. 29 2006,10:19) Good info, I have never seen that MRA lip. By the way, I'm 6' even and I'm wearing a Shoei RF-1000. By far the best is the Zero Gravity touring, but I wish it deflected about 2" higher.
I have the same shield but I am 6'4" and it does a pretty good job for me.

Finally a positive for being short, my 5' 8" body fits nicely behind the ZG windscreen.

You guys 6' 4" have a lot to get down and behind.

(thepushercg @ Dec. 29 2006,10:59) the laminar just bolts onto your present shield ?
Not bolts, rather it's designed to work with a stock windscreen using a heavy duty velcro.

Easily pops on or off, so you can take it off whenever.

Push - I'm probably the wrong guy to talk to as I've used several windscreens.
http://www.pashnit.com/hayabusa-mods.htm#zero

Ended up with the SR Zero Gravity clear is my favorite, lowest you can get really. I did use the Sport-Touring Zero Gravity model on my ole ZX-11D, that worked well and flowed well with the lines of the bike.

Back