Witness to 12R dyno run part 2!!

G

The 12R made about 85 ft. pds of torque at the rear wheel. Brock seemed to think the aerodynamics of the 12 will not be enough to overtake the Busa on top speed. He also said when Rickey got the bike from Kawi he ran it slammed at the track 14 times and only managed a 9.91 in the 1/4!! The motor design will not allow even a 1mm overbore and will not be good for aftermarket hp. Back to my situation at the AMI dyno shootout, I put my bike up on Monday and suprise to me no one was able to knock me off all week. I recorded a 164.5 with my old nasty Ct. gas still in it!! A lot of people tried but were coming up short in the end. I have to thank Lee's in NC for this one. Mark Moisan's turbo Busa is totally awesome and according to him is WAY to much for the street! It is for sale though for all you big money people out there for $25000. He is the man as far as turbos go and his fit and finish to detail and quality are second to NONE!!! Any question about the things I saw you can email me.

Why did kawasaki come out with all of this B.S..........it isnt even close. 85 foot pounds of torque? They should have done a 1300 but after all, kawasaki did say the most horsepower in its class........the same class as the suzuki bandit...............

WOW----85 ftlbs of torque---about the same as a Road Star. I wonder what class Kawasaki was talking about. Maybe the class of 1196 to 1199 cc's. No more, no less.

Mark moisans turbo on his busa or shall I say on the busa was made by Mc-xpress in sweden..so yes the fit and finish of the system is top quality..and no I do not believe their system is to much for the street ,,you dont have to run 15lbs of boost..turn it down..at least its not an aerocharger

"The 12R made about 85 ft. pds of torque at the rear wheel"

Where did you witness this dyno run,rpm power? You are from CT and I didn't think any 12's have arrived here yet?

"Brock seemed to think the aerodynamics of the 12 will not be enough to overtake the Busa on top speed"

While Brock is a great dragracer,he is "definitely" a far cry from being an expert on aerodynamics.The only expertise he has on aerodynamics is when he is flying off the back of his bike from a nitrous explosion!Maybe he should "spray" into the head instead of the intake.

"He also said when Rickey got the bike from Kawi he ran it slammed at the track 14 times and only managed a 9.91 in the 1/4!!"

Yeah,yeah,yeah,the rumors just keep on coming!Rickey ran 9.78 on a bone stock(stock height, gearing,and exhaust)ZX-12 in testing.He said the bike was hard to launch because of the short wheelbase and the height of the bike.These words came directly from his mouth in Gainnesville when he ran 9.47 on a lowered and piped ZX-12.If he owned or had more practice he would go in the low 9.30's.His 60' on the 9.47 pass was 1.60.I tell you this because his 60' times on his 600 is in the 1.50's!

RPMPower, that is the first I've heard that Moisans kit is his own and not an McXpress kit. McXpress made all of his other kits, but he sold them with his name on them. I believe the Hayabusa kit is the same: McXpress made.
Just because he says it doesn't make it so....and just because I say it doesn't make it so....but if enough people say it you start to wonder....!!

GSXRTURBO1,
The info I posted on Gadson and his times came right from his mouth in Gainnesville.I know both bikes were lowered.At another time and place he tested one in stock form(not lowered)and that's the one he went 9.78 on.

hmm.....so Ricky ran a 9.78....Thats pretty good...but how many Ricky Gadson's are out there riding Kawi'z?

rickey didnt ride **** . The 12 he ran wasnt even stock...............on the stock 12 he couldnt even break 9.80's on a private track and all by his lonesome...........

Lets settle the Mark thing now. I talked dirrectly to the guys in sweden and they told me Mark would sell their kits in the US,end of story!

Wronglane, sorry, I misunderstood which run(s) you were referring to.

Turbo1186, I knew that, but Moisan keeps claiming that the kits are his, so I thought MAYBE he came up with one of his own. I should have known that he is incapable of that. What a piece of work that Moisan character is......

I just spoke to Mark on the phone and he said it is no secret the he and Eric(Mc-Express)work together on these kits. They need to work together to supply the demand better. The XX kit is Marks own deal because he like the aerocharger turbo for that bike. Between the two of them they have made 340-360hp out of the Busa and would like a little less for the street, but may not be able to because the Busa motor works so good.

The ZX12R was lowered on both passes. Wronglane, where do YOU get your info? Also, the ZX12R on the dyno was a canadian model that was brought to bike week...read about it in part 1. Sheeeesh.

i wonder what mark is smoking($25,000)that cannot even be within the realm of reality.even for the power police like him.and don't tell us whats too much for the street thats my decision.

Are you a disgruntled former customer? Or just another lowlife bottom feeding maggot spewing shitt about a highly respected pioneer in the bikes?

I witnessed the 12 dyno run with only a few others at AMI, and have pics to prove it. Marks turbo kit is his own deal not Mc-Expess's and the price is high because he doesn't NEED to sell it. It is his own personal rolling test bed and is for sale only to someone who would want it spend that much for it. His kit for the Busa will run about $7000 and in the long run will be worth it. His quality of parts and attention to detail is unsurpassed. As far as what Brock or Rickey has to say, remember they are both factory riders and will say what is best for there company. I tend to believe Brock more because he isn't as deep a factory man as Rickey seems to be. When the 12 comes out we will see who was closer on the predictions, Brock or Rickey!!!

yea yea if thats not the biggest line of shhittt i've heard then he's retarded for not turning the boostdown to lower the power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 15 March 2000).]

Mark doesn't "work with them" on their kits, he is a distributor that sells what McXpress developed. The kits made 340 HP in development, but a turn of the wastegate screw could tame that down to more manageable levels. It amazes me that Mark Moisan can sleep at night taking credit for what McXpress has developed through hard work.

Back