ZX-12 owners on suicide watch

OB_busTa Kaw

Registered
All the bad news coming in about the 12 has surely been stressful on the soon to be owners. I suggest if anyone knows a soon to be 12 owner, please watch them very carefully and keep sharp objects,guns,ropes, anything that they could hurt themselves with away from them.

Also, we could make this a thread for them to come here and talk about their problems.
Come on guys.....its okay to cry..let it out, just let it out.

Help me, I'm so crushed I dont know what I'll do..........
This is omega were talkin about here, I guess me and the blue warrior will remain married for the forseeable future. Do you think she'll forgive me for ever doubting her?

You could still have one of each, Omega. That is one area where bikes definitely have it over women. You can have more than one, and they don't get pissed off at you.

DON'T take the guns, knives and ropes from them! What's wrong with having a few less Kawpukes around?
After this debacle with the zx12, there may be a few less anyway.

Baylor Hospital has dedicated a new wing of their Hospital to the the "Late Fitch". Numerous beds have been reserved for the ZX12 owners with deposits.

Sort of an ethnic cleansing of sorts!

One of these days sherm, I'll have to tell you about my actual experiences with the 135gr .40 corbon. Or you could ask evan marshall or ed sanow about it. Suffice to say they WORK, big time.

Darn, I thought I got all my stupid addictions taken care of at Betty Ford's! Still haven't put a deposit down, but I should be picking up my 12R around the end of this month.

I promise, I'll go right back to BFC (or Baylor) as soon as I break it in. I'm sure I'll be soooo depressed. In the mean time, I just keep wiping my prints off these 40 cal. Hydra Shocks, Corbons, Black Talon and Mag-Safes. Smile, when you see the red dot!

What's that? Okay... I'm coming, Nurse Ratchet!

Guns are bad! president clinton told me so!

I have been a big fan of Glock's since I bought a model 17 when I was in the suck because I hated the 92's they issued. It is not modified and it is certainly no sledghammer but you have to love the capacity, simplicity and reliability.

redelk, you have my respect for sticking with your guns (ZX12/GLOCK)and the faith you place in your decision to stick tough with the 12.

There is a lot more to owning a bike than a stupid title "worlds fastest/quickest" and so on. Buy, ride what you like!!!!

Last year we heard every UglyBusa joke on the web, never in public did I hear a Bugly joke. So trust the ZX12 will gather the due respect from all you ride with. Most here with their Busa never ride the thing wide open in top gear for the maximum speed fix. Many have dropped a tooth (16) off the final gearing anyway.

So mr elkinator which color bug did you order or are you taking then first one that comes out of a crate.

OMEGA, you should never have questioned yourself last year.......
But now you have a nice blue Busa.......

Correct you are buddy, and every ride makes the 12 fade further and further from my mind.

Not a cop, but definitely like guns. I am partial to my 2 Sigs (228 and 229) in 9 and 40. Also like shotguns which I have 2 H&K Benelli's (20 & 12). Glad to hear there are people on this board who like guns and bikes and are not thugs. Probably get flamed for that one, hehe.

P.S. Mr. Clinton, stop messing with us law abiders and enforce the existing laws. That goes for speed limiters on bikes and cars too.

[This message has been edited by vortech347 (edited 17 March 2000).]

I'll take any color... as long as it's GREEN!

I never put any deposit down or even offered to. My dealer won't take a deposit, but there is a "good faith" line. I've been first in line, since last summer. Still, if the first one to come in is red, I'll pass. Having the "first one" makes for good braging rights... until another one arrives. How impressive is, "I had the first '95 GSXR 750 in town"?

My dealer and I have agreed they wouldn't uncrate it until I got there and to let me (and their top wrench) assemble the 12R. I don't want their "weed hoppers" (the kids they have putting together new bikes) to get NEAR IT!

Since my 7R and the 12R have the same 320mm rotors and 6 piston calipers, I'm hoping that my braided lines will work. They'll be going on while we're uncrating the bike. I might put 55/100w blubs in, too (ran 'em in my 7R). The are a few other little things that we'll be doing different as we go, just to make sure EVERYTHING is PERFECT. The Muzzy Ti / Oval Carbon and service manual have already been on order for a while. I'm just waiting for their release.

I finally made the dealer call (for the first time - kinda pointless until now) and check on when the Dallas distribution center is going to get the first release. Not that this would be "accurate" info, but they said the first release should be in Dallas, by the end of the month (another 24 - 72 hours to truck them to LR, AR). Nothing about what color will be coming this way, first.

His Feb. allocation sheet said 1 unit in Feb., 2 in March and 1 in April. I hope KMC is going to play a little "catch up" and ship at least 2 units in the first release. I doubt color will be an issue then (at worst, 1 red and 1 green, right?).

His still #1 in the nation in ATV sales (a lotta good that does). He has dropped out of the Top 10 (nationally) in overall sales, but is still #2 in the Central Region. In other words, it won't speed up the delivery, worth a sh*t! It's weird that the first units are first showing up on the EAST coast. You'd think that Palm Beach and the rest of Cali, would be first. Go figure.

I'll quiz my dealer some more today (a waste of both of our time) when I go pick up my 7R from the shop (3rd time since Dec. '96). I thought I was going to have the valves adjusted for the FIRST time in 68,000 miles, but my record of never even checking them,will remain intact.

The hard to start problem was due to the original OEM spark plug wires having a bad connection to the boots. Rather than replacing them, I just had them cut a little back on the wires and stick 'em back in the boots. I don't want to spend any more than I have to on a bike I hope to be trading in a few weeks (I hope). I'll miss her... right up to when I hit the 12R starter button for the first time.

[This message has been edited by redelk (edited 17 March 2000).]

The real shame here is that they could'd put that deposit money in the market. Then they could have paid cash for that ZX12 provided it ever showed up.
Wonder if they can roll the deposit over for next year's model?

[This message has been edited by jr7501 (edited 17 March 2000).]

Comparable to your off duty setup would be my model 30 stoked with 165gr corbon .45 at 1250fps. She's my little sledgehammer.
As you may have already gathered I'm a glock man forever. You tend to be real loyal to something thats saved your arse 3 times.
Remind me to tell you about it sometime.

Anyone, please, let's get the real facts on the ZX-12 Busa rivalry so we can get this suicide watch over with.

I would go to Labusas but the junk on that website is accumulating.

Back