ZX12 Test ride

DaveO

Never Forgotten
Had a ZX12 in the shop Saturday. Took it for a test ride to check it out. Ran well, seemed a little weaker than my Busa down low. Power comes on strong about 7-8k rpm. Bike handles well, C.G. is higher than my Busa too(lowered 2"). Cable clutch was nice, good feel.

I lowered it 2" in the rear, 1" front. Launched good lowered, could "use" 1st gear WFO. If you lower it more than 2" in rear the lower fairing gets close.

Took my Busa out and played with the 12. Bikes appears close, I had him by a little, but the 12's not broke in. Also my Busa is one tooth down, and the 12 rider weighs more. We went up to about 180(not indicated), and the 12 could hang. After the 12's broken in, were going to do top end runs and see whats up.

As far as the LIMITER is concerned. According to an employee of Muzzy's, The 12 is limited by the ECM. They are working on it. Feedback to me was 4-6 months, and about $400+. Call and ask yourself if your curious.

Just thought you'd want to know...

Dave

I had the opportunity to see a 12R in person the other day and I gotta tell ya that it's one UGLY bike! What's up with the ram air scoop under the headlight? It looks like an after thought....."whoops we forgot to put on that damn air scoop, now what do we do?"
The bikes fit and finish is terrible and the lines are so sloppy. It looks tacked together! And that color....It's more of an eyesore than the copper Hayabusa!
The price was $11,999.00 HAHAHA!
My hayabusa was sitting outside the dealer ship and the guys who had been inside looking at the 12R came out to oogle at my bike. I heard more than once how the "lines were better on the Hayabusa."

Back