Considering trying Maxton

69ls1

Registered
I would like to go and try Maxton and hit the 200 mark. I am looking for recommendation on bike set up to avoid problems. I have a rcc stage 1 turbo kit with 10 pounds of boost. 9 to 1 turbo pistons. 260hp. Can I get away with just water/alchol injection and c-16 fuel or will I need to get an intercooler? Does the stock steering dampner count as a dampner or do I need to run an aftermarket dampner? Any other suggestions would be nice.
Does anybody have a extra rulebook?

Thanks.

It looks like with the new locaton, I may have to check out the track. I don't have the answers to your questions, but it should take too much reseach to get them.

Bump..

you have to contact e.c.t.a.-become a member-get the rule book-do all the things they tell you to do-3 inspectors per bike-the whole track is only one mile-3/10 of a mile to stop-not as easy as it sounds---

Yes the stock damper counts on a Busa so you dont need another one. You need to go to www.ecta-lsr.com to get membership info.

The track is 10,000 feet total. one mile is for accelleration then you have the balance for stopping. It is WAY longer than 3/10s of a mile and people go 250-260mph with no stopping issues so dont sweat it. There is a short turn off that is about 3/10's of a mile but there is no need to try and do the short turn off.

If you are normal sized you should not have any problems going 200 with that setup and one of my turbos with a velocity stage II kit with water injection went about 210 with no intercooler. We ran C12 and had no issues. Plus we didnt even have low compression pistons just the block spacer and stock pistons rods.

If you have other questions let me know and me or others will try to help.

Don

What a most excellent post there Mr. Don! I agree with you & well stated!
I happen to know that the 2008 ECTA MC rules will be available via internet shortly.
If you talk nice to me I may even post the link! hehehe

Sounds like your bike should be capable of getting you in the neighborhood with the
proper gearing. Bike prep & proper gear for you will be your next hurdle.
Deb

I think they require one piece leathers, leather gloves, boots, helmet. When you get the rules you'll see you'll have to remove things, tape other things, and safety wire the crap out of the rest. Change gearing to achieve, it sounds like you got enough pony.

I will support you from the side lines since I will be relocating close enough, but the bike isn't set up for top end, but that may change as my enviroment changes.

Hey Jody you could call the guy that tuned your Busa.......for your horsepower and weight 18/40 or 39 should do it.
beerchug.gif

Greg, I did not forget about you. I have quite a few questions for ya. Just wanted to find out some things so I not ask too many stupid questions. I also need some more parts.

No problem!

BTW, do you have the proper leather gear to race?
I was just checking out the Kobe leather group buy and the price is great on a 1 piece suit.
I'd have to do a little further research to see if they meet the armor requirements but it's
a good place to start if you need them.

Deb

Back