Considering trying Maxton

lol, yea i have a nice rs tiachi 1 piece fully armoured from my road racing days
<------ see sig
Good deal! (does it still fit?
laugh.gif
)

Deb
zzwhip.gif

lol,  yea i have a nice rs tiachi 1 piece fully armoured from my road racing days
<------  see sig
laugh.gif
)

Deb
lol,  yea im still pretty trim

which will help in a 1 mile drag race
tounge.gif
Just thought I'd check
biggrin.gif
There's a few that race with us that need the reminder!

btw, it's not a 1 mile drag race, that's the kind of thought pattern that will get you humbled fast!  
winkold.gif

Deb

lol,  yea i have a nice rs tiachi 1 piece fully armoured from my road racing days
<------  see sig
laugh.gif
)

Deb
lol,  yea im still pretty trim

which will help in a 1 mile drag race
tounge.gif
Just thought I'd check
biggrin.gif
There's a few that race with us that need the reminder!

btw, it's not a 1 mile drag race, that's the kind of thought pattern that will get you humbled fast!  
winkold.gif

Deb
really why?
rock.gif

then what should i think of it then??

Ive worked out my gearing, im improving my aerodynamics as much as poss, im doing everything with safety in mind

idunno.gif Think of it as land speed racing.
It's just not the same as drag racing. Different set up, different approach, nobody in the lane next to you!
I can't give away all my secrets, my competition could be reading!  
cool.gif

Deb

I see its deff diferent then a 1/4 mile drag race, but it is also very diff then say boneville land speed racing or any place that you had an unlimited time to reach top speed

to my non experienced brain, I see some things that would help in drag racing helping at maxton. obviously though many things dont transfer over,

thanks for the tips though , my little hamster is running overtime trying to figuire out what im missing

laugh.gif
 Give the little hamster a break! The best thing you can do is show up with an open mind, listen, take it in & learn. If you show up thinking it's a 1/4 mile drag race with a closed mind you will be disappointed. If you think it will be something different & try to learn with each licensing pass then you'll do fine. It's not that hard but then again, it's not that easy!  
winkold.gif

Most people at the track are willing to help & advice, just make sure you try to figure out where you need that help. Also, when listening to advice, try to make sure you can quantify it in a measurable way. Seat of the pants, it will feel like, you'll know kind of stuff & advice doesn't pan out the same way for everyone.

Example, everyone told me I'd know when I hit 200mph, so I assumed I would know and didn't take the time to calculate what RPM would net me 200mph (measurable) so when I blew past 200mph I didn't know because it didn't feel any different to me then 190. (I don't think anybody thought I'd jump that much so hey didn't try to help limit me) "you'll know" or "you'll feel it" are not measurable. Keep that in mind and it will help you!  
hello.gif

Deb

Nope, I need leathers, safety wire, turbo ...........................................

thanks deb,

basically im in info gathering mode. I could try to slow the hamster down but it is just how I am. i continually run things over in my head, if it wasnt me going to maxton it would be something else. I am doing this for fun and to chase a dream. My mind is wide open and I am soooo excited it is going to be FUN.

thanks for all the advice
beerchug.gif

if you see me there stop by and say hello, Ill post a pic of my bike when its ready. it should be pretty unique looking with my combination of fairing changes

David

David,
I'll definetly say hi but more then likely you'll pick me out while I'm running around like a nut. I'll probably see you in tech if you're there on Friday. (I'll be racing sat/sun) I'll be the one checking registration cards & gear so just remind me who you are when I get to you!
You should also go out on youtube & photobucket & do a search on maxton or ecta videos. There's a few onboard videos out there at a decent clip that will give you a bit of a feel for running down the track. I even have one or two out there somewhere of umm... I dunno, like a 186 run on my stock bike?
The thing I do most is go through my runs in my head. It helps to visualize & remember what to do when. There's not as much going on as at the drag strip but what you do on the run at higher speeds is more critical.
Looking forward to your pics. My bike & me at 192 coming into the traps is my avatar.
Deb

Yea ill be there friday to get the rookie orientation out of the way and to hopefully get a good look at the track

great idea on the you tube video's, thanks

192 hehehe , that awesome

i sent you a pm

DahMurf, Do you know if the KOBE leathers that are in the group buy are legal for Maxton tech? The one piece of course.

Thanks.

I'm grilling the poor dude right now. I feel bad but these are the
things I needed to know too when I bought my new suit last year.
FYI, all of the required armor is available as under garments & most brands
of race suits do have the pockets for the armor even if they don't come with
it.

Let me see what kind of answer I can get from him. If he doesn't know & you
want to order them anyway (price is really great!!!) I can point you in the
direction of the add on armor.

I personally wear compression impact shorts with the hip pads and have the
icon back protector vest that I'm looking to upgrade to the Alpinestars
armor jacket (it's an undergarnment) as it has a level 2 back protector.
That jacket comes with the back protector & shoulder armor so I'd be removing
some more stuff from my suit. I already took out their hip pads cause, well,
lets just say they were LARGE & I didn't need any more help with the size of
my hips! LOL
Deb

The Kobe group buy guru James says they have all the necessary armor.
So the suits "should" pass tech. You can use a 2 piece with a 270 zipper which he indicates their suits have along with the necessary armor. (Personally, if you're looking to run 200mph+ I prefer the one piece. The concrete is very abrasive with a lot of cracks. The two piece worries me that the flap could get caught in the grooves and cause additional trauma. But that's just my opinion that certainly not everyone shares!)

The armor is needed for 175mph and up. Keep in mind this relates to the existing record speed of the class you're entering. So even if you don't think your bike will do 175, if you enter in a class that has a record of 185, you need the extra armor. This also applies if the techs think your bike "can"￾ run 175. So basically, if you bring a Hayabusa, bring the extra armor!  
winkold.gif

If you're ordering for use with the ECTA I would recommend not getting the "breeze" gloves as I believe they are the perforated gloves and will NOT pass tech. The other gloves offered all appear to be fine. (unless you have a different pair to wear at the track, in which case the perforations would be nice for the street!)

If you get this suit or any other suit, when you get it home look for the extra armor in the shoulders, elbows, back, hips & knees. If any area doesn't have what you need you can do the add ons as stated above.

As with all of our online tech conversations, this is just my opinion at this point & all final rulings will be made in person at the track. We always do everything we can to ensure our entrants can run!

Let me know if I can be of further assistance!  
thumb_up.gif

Deb

PS: If you're grumbling about the extra armor let me know & I'll send you a few pics on why you want it!
cool.gif

yes there is no one running next to you, BUT the real fast guys/gals have a drag racing back ground/skills. I thought one mile, no problemo, boy was I humbled.I plan to drag race just so I can have the skill to get something out of first and second gear. the first 60 feet are so important. rcc stage one 250 hp(my ride) 18/40or 39. bruce
firedevil.gif

Back